Arnold Schwarzenegger, you’ve probably heard of him (and maybe you are having a hard time spelling out his last name). Arnold Schwarzenegger is a world-famous bodybuilder, athlete, governor, and actor.
This legend was born in Thal, Austria in 1947. After he immigrated to America in 1968, Arnold won five Mr. Universe titles and seven Mr. Olympia titles before dedicating himself to acting.
In 1984, his acting career boomed and he made history in the film industry after starring as “the terminator” in Jim Cameron’s Sci-fi action thriller movie, “The Terminator.”
He is also elected as a Chairman of the After-School All-Stars, Torch-bearer for Special Olympics, chairman of the Presidential Council on Physical Fitness and Sports, and most notably, Arnold made California a world leader against Global Warming Solutions Act of 2006.
He is also well-known to have served as the governor of California, a dream a lot never believed he could achieve, but being a great leader that he is, he actually did. That’s pretty impressive!
Arnold Schwarzenegger Quotes
Now, let’s take a total recall of some of his most inspiring, powerful, and legendary quotes.
1. “Help others and give something back. I guarantee you will discover that while public service improves the lives and the world around you, its greatest reward is the enrichment and new meaning it will bring your own life.”
2. “The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.”
This quote is a great reminder that anything is possible if we allow ourselves to believe that. People often give up when it comes to taking on challenges, from starting a new diet to beginning a new career. Believe that you can reach your realistic goals and it will come true. Arnold wanted to be known worldwide for his physique, and needless to say, that dream of his came true.
3. “I don’t walk away from things that I think are unfinished.”
4. “If you don’t find the time, if you don’t do the work, you don’t get the results.”
5. “It’s not what you get out of life that counts. Break your mirrors! In our society that is so self-absorbed, begin to look less at yourself and more at each other. you’ll get more satisfaction from having improved your neighborhood, your town, your state, your country, and your fellow human beings than you’ll ever get from your muscles, your figure, your automobile, your house, or your credit rating.”
6. “I knew I was a winner back in the late sixties. I knew I was destined for great things. People will say that kind of thinking is totally immodest. I agree. Modesty is not a word that applies to me in any way – I hope it never will.”
7. “You can’t climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets.”
Arnold very much believes that you are responsible for your own success and quotes like this sum that up perfectly. Only you have the ability to move up the ladder, so you need to take constant action to do so. Making excuses and doing nothing will not help you in any way.
8. “Life may be full of pain but that’s not an excuse to give up.”
9. “I would never exchange my life with anybody else’s.”
10. “Life’s six rules for success. 1. Trust yourself. 2. Break some rules. 3. Don’t be afraid to fail. 4. Ignore the naysayers. 5. Work like hell. 6. Give something back.”
11. “Positive thinking can be contagious. Being surrounded by winners helps you develop into a winner.”
12. “The more knowledge you have, the more you’re free to rely on your instincts.”
13. “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”
Why not try being the one who thinks differently in scenarios such as work? People who show that they think outside the box usually go further up the chain quicker than those who follow each other. You can also try a diet that nobody else has ever tried and see if it works. Be different and be proud of it.
14. “Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is a strength.”
It is fair to say that nearly every person has some type of hardship that could bring their life down to a long pause. This is human and nothing to be ashamed of. But you have to pick yourself up and push on to succeed. Overcoming all obstacles in life is a true show of strength. Deadlifting 600lbs. is as well!
15. “I didn’t leave bodybuilding until I felt that I had gone as far as I could go. It will be the same with my film career. When I feel the time is right, I will then consider public service. I feel that the highest honor comes from serving people and your country.”
16. “What we face may look insurmountable. But I learned something from all those years of training and competing. I learned something from all those sets and reps when I didn’t think I could lift another ounce of weight. What I learned is that we are always stronger than we know.”
Arnold is well known for being the powerful man. He focused on the popular Arnold Schwarzenegger workouts of pushing through sets and reps in order to chisel the physique he wished to have. Most people who focus hard on something such as training will carry that mentality over to life interactions. Everybody is capable of making something with their life, but you have to fight on to get to that point.
17. “The last three or four reps is what makes the muscle grow. This area of pain divides the champion from someone else who is not a champion. That’s what most people lack, having the guts to go on and just say they’ll go through the pain no matter what happens.”
As mentioned earlier, overcoming the last sets and repetitions of a training program makes you a stronger character in life. This quote seems similar but is more focused on stating that if you do not have what it takes to achieve your goals, then something needs to be done.
18. “We all have great inner power. The power is self-faith. There’s really an attitude to winning. You have to see yourself winning before you win. And you have to be hungry. You have to want to conquer.”
Arnold seemed to be pretty dedicated to the fact that nothing matters unless you believe in what you are doing. Everybody can be supportive and state that you will get there someday, but you have to dedicate your time to make that day actually come.
19. “Learned helplessness is the giving-up reaction, the quitting response that follows from the belief that whatever you do doesn’t matter.”
If you honestly believe that what you are doing has no effect or impact on your city, state, or even the world, then you should consider finding your niche and making something great happen for yourself.
20. “It’s simple, if it jiggles, it’s fat.”
This is an entertaining quote to add in for those wanting to change their physique. Simple and straight to the point that you cannot make yourself believe that fat is okay to have around. If you want to lose weight then the jiggle has to go!
21. “Money doesn’t make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million.”
This is an inspirational quote for those who keep seeking a way to change their lifestyle through health and fitness. There are hundreds of different diets and training programs being created, yet the diet and exercises that Arnold used still work to this day. This goes to show that proper eating and training is all that’s needed to succeed.
22. “Failure is not an option. Everyone has to succeed.”
23. “If it bleeds, we can kill it.”
24. “For me, life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer.”
25. “Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer.”
26. “Bodybuilding is much like any other sport. To be successful, you must dedicate yourself 100% to your training, diet and mental approach.”
27. “The best activities for your health are pumping and humping.”
28. “My body is like breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I don’t think about it, I just have it.”
Another short and simple quote, again reflecting Arnold’s motivational attitude. This ability to get up and go is what helps people sculpt their physique. By accepting it as part of them, it’s easier to realize, rather than thinking about it as a hypothetical potential.
29. “In our society, the women who break down barriers are those who ignore limits.”
30. “I welcome and seek your ideas, but do not bring me small ideas; bring me big ideas to match our future.”
31. “What is the point of being on this Earth if you are going to be like everyone else?”
32. “You have to remember something: Everybody pities the weak; jealousy you have to earn.”
When you achieve success, you often earn the respect of your peers. But it is always earned, nobody is ever respected for doing nothing. Arnold accepts other people’s views as a sign of his success, helping to drive him on.
33. “The more knowledge you have, the more you’re free to rely on your instincts.”
34. “If it’s hard to remember, it’ll be difficult to forget.”
35. “If my life was a movie, no one would believe it.”
36. “I have inhaled, exhaled everything.”
37. “I’m addicted to exercising and I have to do something every day.”
38. “You know, nothing is more important than education because nowhere are our stakes higher; our future depends on the quality of education of our children today.”
39. “I’m sure a lot of people out there make mistakes.”
40. “Training gives us an outlet for suppressed energies created by stress and thus tones the spirit just as exercise conditions the body.”
Training isn’t just about achieving an ideal physique, it really is good for you. Arnold understood that exercise helped work out stress and kept his mind focused. Even if you’re not looking to develop pure muscle, there are plenty of reasons to stay in shape.
41. “Start wide, expand further and never look back.”
Short and simple, this quote suggests we need to take a wider look at things. By looking at everything, from training and dieting to our goals, we can then begin to improve all of it, with no regrets.
42. “Just like in bodybuilding, failure is also a necessary experience for growth in our own lives, for if we’re never tested to our limits, how will we know how strong we really are? How will we ever grow?”
43. “There are no shortcuts — everything is reps, reps, reps.”
44. “I didn’t mind basic training. It taught me that something that seems impossible at the start can be achieved.”
45. “I am the most helpful and open up doors for everyone and I like to share.”
46. “Be hungry for success, hungry to make your mark, hungry to be seen and to be heard and to have an effect. And as you move up and become successful, make sure also to be hungry for helping others.”
Arnold’s quote here represents his main goals in a nutshell. Life should be a constant state of moving forward, hitting goal after goal. As such, there should always be a target or aim in your life, so that you never settle for things as they are now.
Arnold Schwarzenegger is truly a legend. The quotes mentioned above reflect his life challenges and how he manages to overcome them and win.
He also reminds us that anything is possible as long as we have a strong will, faith, and love in our hearts. He himself has faced so many overwhelming obstacles but still manages to push forward, and you too can learn from this great man and pursue your dream. Keep fighting!
image credit: people.com