There is nothing that makes you feel sexy other than those well-defined muscles that are all in the picture-perfect shape and size. People tend to spend a lot of time in the gym to work on their whole body to the point of fatigue, however, failure to give the muscles the right attention it needs can lead to frustrating results.
And if there is a part of the human body that can add an immediate air of supremacy and masculinity to any man’s structure, it is the shoulders.
How to Build Broader Shoulder Muscles
The urge of having a broader shoulder is not just unique to thin guys, but also many men. Some try to broaden their shoulders and succeed while others fail. Here are some exercises you can do to build the shoulder muscles:
You can use a resistance band or a cable machine to do face pulls. However, the most preferred way is using a cable machine since it gives you the chance to add resistance as you get stronger. Not that you cannot use resistance bands, only that when you become advanced, it might not give you the challenge you need.
Face pulls work on the back deltoids of the shoulder, which are normally ignored by other exercises. Face pulls are also an excellent exercise for the trapezius, rear deltoids as well as upper back muscles. This exercise helps to keep your shoulder muscles shaped and back, therefore, you don’t get a pulled-forward appearance that comes when someone does excessive front delt and chest work.
Seated dumbbells shoulder press
Any shoulder exercise cannot be complete without a nice deltoid workout. The good thing about this exercise is that it prevents you from using a single side of the body over the other. You will also need excellent coordination to do this exercise.
To do the seated dumbbell shoulder press, you will first need two dumbbells and sit on a low backbench. While seated, hold the dumbbell on each hand at the shoulder level with your palms facing forward.
Make sure that your head and the spine are seamlessly straight. Lift the dumbbells over your head towards each other; don’t let them touch at the top. Hold them at that position for a few seconds and cautiously repeat the course. You can also try the one arm dumbbell program to work your muscles by just one hand dumbbell row.
If you are serious about weightlifting, then this exercise is perfect for you. Apart from helping you build the shoulder muscles, the military press can also aid in developing the upper chest, core, triceps, biceps, glutes, and lats.
To do a military press:
- Put the bar in a squat rack at shoulder elevation.
- Using both hands, grab the bar, make sure that your palms are facing down and the shoulders are wide apart.
- Place your feet, in a way that any line is drawn down from the bar, it will go through the center of your foot.
- Let your upper chest rise to the bar so that the base of your throat touches it, and rest on top of your shoulder.
- Ensure that your shoulders are under the bar over your deltoids and the upper chest.
- Face directly in front of you, lift the posterior of the rack, take a step back with both feet, and put them about the width of your shoulders apart.
- Breathe deeply, stretch your glutes and push the bar high.
- Force your upper body beneath the bar while pushing it higher up until both your arms lockout.
- Repeat the step to return the bar to your upper chest and down.
A lot of effort is needed when it comes to building your shoulders muscles. It entails a lot of weightlifting that can easily cause soreness. You can prevent shoulder pain with good exercise and utilize lower resistance exercises with more replications to slowly reinforce the rotator cuff muscles.