The immune system involves the functioning of cells, chemicals, and special organs, like the spleen, thymus, and the lymphatic system, which fight infection. Also, it is made up of antibodies, white blood cells, and the bone marrow.
CBD or cannabidiol is believed to help support immune responses so these can function even more efficiently. But how does CBD improve your immune system? You’ll find the answer to this common CBD-related question by continuing to read below.
1. CBD Oil Supplementation For Improved Immune Response
Now more than ever, it’s essential to have a strong immune system to avoid contracting diseases, including COVID-19 or Coronavirus. Aside from eating nutritious foods, getting adequate sleep, and exercising regularly, supplements can help boost immunity. And CBD supplements, such as those from supanaturals.com, are made of high-quality CBD.
CBD supplements are Federal Farm Bill-compliant products, which refer to agricultural commodities like hemp plants that use sustainable cultivation practices. Because CBD products are obtained from hemp plants, which have been grown without using harsh pesticides and fertilizers, they are suitable and safe to use by people of all ages to help improve immunity.
CBD oil can be ingested as it is in its pure form following the recommended dosage of the manufacturer. On the other hand, vaping CBD involves the use of vaping devices to create vapor for fast-acting CBD effects, which will be discussed further below.
2. CBD Works As An Anti-inflammatory And Immunosuppressant Agent
Many studies show that CBD can strengthen and support the immune system. This cannabinoid causes positive effects in response to weakened immunity. Also, CBD has positive effects even with a hyperactive immune system, like those with autoimmune diseases, wherein the natural defense system of the body mistakenly attacks its own cells.
CBD has non-psychoactive immunosuppressant properties. It has a low affinity for cannabinoid receptors, so it doesn’t produce psychoactive properties or the “high” feeling associated with cannabis use, and exhibit immunosuppressive properties.
Check out the findings of a study about the protective effects of CBD for the immune system:
• Daily oral intake of CBD inhibited the progression of arthritis.
• A CBD-treated animal study shows that lymph node cells secrete less cytokine, which stimulates the immune response, thus reducing signs and symptoms of infection.
• CBD helps reverse the negative effects of glucose, which can help protect the integrity of cardiovascular tissue. It inhibits the adhesion of monocytes (a type of white blood cell) to human coronary artery endothelial cells (HCAECs) to help avoid infection and improve heart health.
3. Vaping CBD Supports Immune Function
Vaping is a fast way to benefit from the positive effects of CBD. Combined with hemp CBD, one can benefit from inhaling the invigorating vapors of thyme, myrrh, and eucalyptus to support circulatory and immune function. Vaporizers and vape pens are used in vaping CBD buds.
Like CBD oil, CBD buds are non-psychoactive and have the same effects that induce relaxation, improved sleep, and pain and stress relief. With improved pain management, an individual can get more exercise and sleep, which are crucial in strengthening immunity.
Most dry herb vaporizers that are suitable for CBD flowers contain the following parts:
• A metal or ceramic heating chamber
• A battery power source or butane heating or electric source
• Charging cables or electric cords with outlet plugs
• A mouthpiece
• A fine screen or filter
These vaporizer parts work together, heating the CBD flower to produce a vape cloud. Some of these parts can be replaced, such as the heating coils and the filter.
4. Other Ways CBD Can Help Improve Your Immune System
It is important to read the label when buying CBD supplements to ensure that you’re getting a genuine and high-quality product, as well as to be aware of the proper dosage. And, of course, consulting a doctor before taking any CBD supplements is a must.
Here are the other ways to consume CBD to supplement and support health and immunity:
• Sublingual Route: This involves putting a few drops of CBD tincture under the tongue for faster CBD absorption. The onset of effects happens within only a few seconds up to a minute, and the duration of effects takes 30 minutes, with peak blood levels within 10 to 15 minutes.
• Infusion Or Edibles: CBD oil can be infused in foods or in cooking to make CBD edibles. The positive effects of CBD usually last for several hours when taking CBD edibles.
• CBD Topicals: CBD products may also come in creams, balms, and salves to help reduce signs and symptoms of inflammation like joint pains or arthritis and muscle injury caused by intense training or exercise.
Cannabidiol or CBD can help improve your immune system in many ways. This can happen by taking it orally or through ingestion, vaping, under the tongue or the sublingual route, and through edibles or CBD-infused food and beverages. This cannabinoid helps support immune response because it has anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressant properties.