Modern people rely on prescription drugs to relieve the signs and symptoms of various medical disorders. However, with continuous use or incorrect dosage, it may result in death. A Johns Hopkins research suggests that one of the most common causes of mortality or death in the US is medical errors or prescription errors. Dangerous prescription medicines include opioids, anticoagulants, statins or cholesterol-lowering drugs, and antibiotics.
It’s a good thing that natural alternatives are available to help patients suffering from pain, anxiety, infection or inflammation, and seizures. One of these natural remedies is cannabidiol or CBD.
Below are five ways you can use CBD in place of dangerous prescription medicines.
1. CBD Oil for Acute or Chronic Pain
When it comes to pain management, patients and healthcare professionals rely on non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and opioids. Unfortunately, opioids are dangerous prescription drugs because they can be a source of abuse or overdose. More than 130 people die daily after opioid overdosing.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, thousands of people in the United States die every year because of overdosing synthetic opioids, like Fentanyl, mostly involving prescribed medications. Synthetic opioids are designed to provide relieve pain by mimicking naturally occurring opioids, like morphine and codeine.
Here are the good-to-know facts about CBD and pain:
- CBD is a natural alternative to NSAIDs and opioids in treating acute and chronic pain. Talk to your doctor about combining it with your current pain medication treatment.
- CBD can relieve pain because it interacts with serotonin receptors, playing a crucial role in anxiety and pain. This is beneficial for people who have inflammation in their forearm resulted from repetitive activities, CBD for tennis elbow is the best solution to relieve such pain.
- Whether you have migraine, arthritis, or low back pain infusing CBD oil with food or beverages or taking it as it is orally can help address almost any type of pain.
2. CBD Edibles Can Help Fight Infection
CBD is also known for its anti-inflammatory effects aside from the anti-pain or analgesic effect. The long-lasting effects of CBD edibles make them a good adjunct treatment or alternative to dangerous antibiotics. The effects of CBD edibles usually lasts for two to six hours, enough time for its anti-inflammatory effects to kick in and fight bacteria in the body.
3. CBD Tincture For Stress, Anxiety, and Depression
CBD is somehow similar to antidepressant drugs because it relieves intense worry and negativity. However, antidepressants may cause unpleasant side effects such as insomnia, blurred vision, fatigue, constipation, nausea, and even erectile dysfunction. That’s why many people resort to alternative treatments like CBD when treating anxiety and stress.
Here are the good-to-know facts about CBD and depression:
- CBD help deals with cognitive impairment, anxiety, and discomfort, thus relieving stress and anxiety, as well as depression.
- The positive benefits have something to do with the good effects of CBD on brain serotonin receptors. Because of low serotonin levels, a hormone that regulates mood, it plays a vital role in developing depression. CBD affects how the chemical receptors in the brain interact with serotonin.
4. CBD Chocolate Is Good for the Heart
Chocolate is healthy food for the heart. Polyphenols, a type of cocoa bean compound, help protect the heart. Dark chocolate is best for the heart, most especially if it is combined with cannabidiol or CBD. Do your heart a big favor by eating CBD chocolate.
CBD chocolate can be your daily dessert as a combined treatment with your traditional cardiovascular medicines. It helps regulate blood pressure and cardiac function like statins and anticoagulants. You can also consult your doctor for the customized CBD oil dosage for your heart. It’s possible to contact the seller and get an idea of the proper CBD dosage and choose the best CBD delivery option through online channels when buying CBD oil.
5. CBD Topical for Skin Inflammation
When it comes to skin health, itchiness, redness, eczema, and other skin conditions attack in worst conditions, like when you’re traveling. You can prevent widespread infection by using CBD topical for the skin. If the skin condition has become worse, your dermatologist or doctor might prescribe antibiotics depending on the cause. Make sure to follow the medication as prescribed to avoid antibiotic resistance.
Here are some tips when applying CBD topical:
- Clean the affected area properly with soap and water.
- Gently blot until thoroughly dried.
- Apply CBD topical ointment or lotion following the manufacturer’s instructions on the label.
CBD can be taken in so many ways. You can take it as it is, like CBD oil and CBD tincture, like edibles, like CBD chocolates and CBD gummies, as topical or skin preparation. Instead of resorting to dangerous prescription medicine, trying alternative treatments, like CBD, can save you from unwanted side effects, like addiction, and money too.
Also, you’ll benefit from cannabidiol because of its therapeutic benefits. When using CBD, you may also ask, “How long does CBD last?” You can search online and check related information about it.