Love is the most powerful human emotion that connects people unconditionally regardless of their age, gender or geography. I bring you a few beautiful Chinese proverbs about love that are sure to strike a chord with anyone who reads them.
I chose to mention proverbs and quotes on love because this is one emotion that has the power to change people. When you truly love someone, you essentially consider what’s best for them and act in that way. Many people think that being romantic is all about buying expensive gifts or taking fancy vacations. Thinking of romantic ideas does not have to be difficult or expensive.
Love has different types and this post addresses romantic love. There are also a few quotes for heartbroken souls looking for solace while renewing their hope for finding their sweetheart.
30 Chinese Proverbs about Love for the Hopeless Romantic in You
Chinese Proverbs About Love That Will Reignite the Flame
- “Hold your hand, and grow old with you.”
- “The lovers are finally together, all shall be well.”
- “Fate brings people together no matter how far apart they may be. Separated as we are, thousands of miles apart, we come together as if by destiny.”
- “When you catch someone’s heart, you will never be apart.”
- “Lasting feelings lead to lasting consequences.”
- “The heart never speaks, but you have to listen to it to understand.”
- “Kissing is like drinking salted water. You drink, and your thirst increases.”
- “If you love the house, love the ravens on its roof.”
- “The sound of a sandstorm reached the highest branches, and this made my heart tremble. That means I miss the one I left behind. The desire to love someone again makes my heartbeat. I dream. I’m sad. My love is strong, and I have felt it for a long time. We sleep, rest, and relax to get away from all the stress and pain, but with pain come dreams and ambitions. I strive for new things and dream of new things. But … I still love you. I enjoyed every moment. We broke up. I was grateful. Since you left me, I was able to learn to love myself more.”
- “You came into my life, not how they come to visit (you know, “without taking off your hat”) but how they come to the kingdom where all the rivers are waiting for your reflection, all the roads are there for you. How can I get away from you, my fairy tale, my sun? You see, if I would love you less, then I would have to leave you. And I cannot live without you. I would rather die than be without you. And so it just does not make sense. And I do not want to die.”
Poignant Chinese Proverbs about Love
- “Love is not about possession, it’s all about appreciation.”
- “Love is not in possession but with respect.”
- “In heaven, we shall be birds flying side by side, and on the earth, we shall be twinned trunks flowering sprigs on the same branch.”
- “Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Love is blind.”
- “With affection, the lovers could feel enough though they only drink water, but without affection, the lovers could be hungry though they eat food.”
- “Absence makes the heart grow fonder.”
- “If two people unite, they can move Mount Taishan.”
- “I wish us a long life to share the beauty of this graceful moonlight, even thousands of miles apart.”
- “Even those who are distant from each other are destined to meet again.”
- “From each love we get something. From one – experience, from the other – a child, from the third – a wave of passions and scandals, from the fourth – a pile of letters, from the fifth – just a few beautiful walks through the woods. From one – years of happiness, from another – months, from one – minutes, from another – years. And that’s all you can get from life. There is no need to wait and demand more. It’s a lottery, and we are all losers in it.”
Chinese Proverbs about Love for the Heartbroken
- “Love at first sight. It’s generally used for people, but you can also use it for other physical objects.”
- “The flower has intentions, but the water has no feeling. While the dropping flowers pine for love, the heartless brook babbles on. The waterside flower pining for love sheds petals, while the heartless brook babbles on.”
- “Love well, whip well. Tough love. Fear is the heart of love.”
- “A life of love is happy; a life for love is foolish. Love is not the most important thing.”
- “People fix their hair every day, why not the heart?”
- “Control your emotions or they will control you.”
- “Flowers leave some of their fragrance in the hand that bestows them.”
- “If you think you know what love is, you don’t know it.”
- “Love is labor. One has to go through it a few times before they get it. It is taxing. It is sadness. Love is in the overcoming of love itself. This is work. These are difficulties. If you embarked on the path, you have already claimed your right to suffer. You think you chose the road, but the road chooses you. You thought you chose love, but love is not in words. Not at all. Each day will bring a new path for love and reunion. Each path will be a separate sadness, bitterness. You will have to share these feelings with the ones you love. The pain in her heart will be yours. Her sadness will be your sadness. Love will be your torment.”
- “Love cannot be begged for, it must be deserved.”
Love is one emotion that no one can get enough of. Some people think they understand what love is, while most consider it a mystery. Nobody really knows how exactly it blossoms between two people.
All said and done, being love-struck can be life-changing. It is a complex emotion, yet no other feeling comes close to it. I hope the above Chinese proverbs about love will help you understand love, romance, and relationships better.