It would be quite shocking to know that automobile accidents are the leading cause of death among healthy U.S. citizens. Even though it is estimated that even the drivers who sustain fatal injuries are only tens of thousands, and nearly 2.5 million of them get permanently disabled. According to Statistics on the web, even with the improvement in vehicle safety features, these numbers have been rising in recent years.
Even with such extreme data records available, you can still improve the odds for yourself, your passengers, and others. Looking at some of the statistics from the governmental records we concluded that:
- More than 40,000 fatal car accidents take place in the U.S. every year.
- On average, more than 90 Americans die in car accidents, per day.
- Nearly about 2 million drivers experience a permanent injury every year due to car accidents.
- Drunk driving (40%), speeding (30%), and irresponsible driving (33%) are one of the major cause of road accidents that takes place in the U.S. every year.
Initially, it is advised that if you are a starter, it’s highly recommended to purchase the proper vehicle insurance. Even though most of the health insurance policies don’t cover treatment for injuries due to automobile accidents, but to ensure yourself and your passengers, it is necessary that everybody involved receives proper treatment after an accident.
So to do so make sure that your auto insurance covers bodily injury and medical treatments along with your vehicle. Here we are with the list of top 5 tips for choosing the right car accident lawyer. So without further ado, let’s get started.
- Try to get referrals from the people who have been in such condition earlier– Getting recommendations from the people who have been in such situations can be a great way to find reliable car accident attorneys. With the accident data rising exponentially, so many car accidents happening in the country, we recommend you to play a safe bet. Hence without a doubt, you require a car accident lawyer at some point in time in your life.
- Find a Car Accident Lawyer with good experience– Being one of the general rules, every accused want to choose a lawyer with a lot of experience. Generally, they are the one who not only knows the ins and outs of the law but is also familiar with the norms for negotiating and settling car accident cases too. So it is highly advised to find a car accident attorney who is an expert in this field, even though it costs a bit more than other lawyers.
- Choose a Lawyer Who Communicates well– Lawyers deals with many cases at a time, so it is obvious that they are really busy in their work. But that doesn’t mean that they can’t reply to your messages whenever free. The same goes for answering the calls within a reasonable period and even for the emails. You should choose the one who sincerely takes this business relationship and act professionally with every client they are associated with.
- Pick Someone Who can handle Insurance Companies with ease– It’s often witnessed that insurance companies aim to claim high profit, thus leaving you with as little fraction of profit as possible. Hence they will offer the victim with the smallest settlement possible. Even some of the insurance company, you may even seek the first settlement offer even before you have begun recovering from your injuries. Hence, in this case, a good lawyer can prove to be a boon. A good car accident lawyer can spot such frauds and low compensation offers, for which these lawyers will advise you accordingly. So all you need is a lawyer with a great reputation for forcing these insurance companies hard for better settlements.
- Pick Someone You Can Stand for a longer period – So as we all are aware of the legal procedures, hence it can be often witnessed that the legal cases can drag you for a long time. Hence even experts also say that you should choose those lawyers who can stand with you for the entire journey of your case.