Sometimes life can be a challenge. Finishing a marathon may seem like an easy feat if you spend your free time running, but you might find it more difficult to complete that last mile than you thought it would be.
College may be kicking your butt during exam week, making it seem impossible to finish that last paper. Kids can wear you out, making it difficult to simply function during the day.
Sometimes, life throws obstacles your way that seem impossible to climb. In order to reach those new heights, you have to push past your limits.
These David Goggins quotes will help you make it to the proverbial finish line to achieve things that might have seemed impossible before.
David Goggins Quotes to Help You Push Past Your Limits
David Goggins Quotes to Give You Strength to Keep Going
- “I don’t stop when I’m tired. I stop when I’m done.”
- “Life is a battle between trying to find more of yourself knowing that the real you is afraid, like comfort, likes being patted on the back and doing what you need to get better together.”
- “Fear is my ultimate guide.”
- “The brain always quits before the body does. Once the mind knows you are not going to quit something, it’s going to try to find more, it’s going to try to give you more.”
- “It’s possible to transcend anything that doesn’t kill you.”
- “I’m different than most people…when I cross the finish line of a big race, I see that people are ecstatic, but I’m thinking about what I’m going to do tomorrow. It’s as if my journey is everlasting, and there is no finish line.”
- “If the standard you set for yourself allows you to be comfortable, you must re-evaluate the bar you set for yourself.”
- “I understand what it’s like to be approaching an energetic dead end…that impulse is driven by your mind’s desire for comfort, and it’s not telling you the truth. It’s your identity seeking sanctuary, not help you grow. It’s looking for status quo, not reaching for greatness or seeking wholeness.”
- “The pain you are willing to endure is measured by how bad you want it.”
- “I am proof that anything is possible. Through intentional practice I developed a mindset that no obstacle in front of me is more powerful than the will that I have to conquer it. I wasn’t born with that will, I developed it by facing my own shadow. You have to be willing to face your own shadow.”
- “When you believe that you have given it your all, that’s when it truly begins.”
- “Everybody wants a quick fix. You may get results, but they won’t be permanent. The permanent results come from you having to suffer.”
David Goggins Quotes to Motivate You
- “Motivation is crap. Motivation comes and goes. When you are driven, whatever is in front of you will get destroyed.”
- “Nobody cares what you did yesterday. What have you done today to better yourself?”
- “We have the ability to make very easy things seem impossible. Stop losing the mind game against yourself.”
- “Don’t limit expectations of yourself and settle for less than what you are truly capable of achieving.”
- “When you think that you are done you’re only 40% into what your body’s capable of doing. That is just the limit that we put on ourselves.”
- “Greatness pulls mediocrity into the mud. Get out there and go after it.”
David Goggins Quotes to Inspire You
- “Be uncommon amongst uncommon people.”
- “I’m not crazy; I’m just not like you.”
- “Always look to be uncommon among uncommon people. Never look to just get the invitation and fit in.”
- “As humans, we’re reading books everyday to try to figure out how to be someone else. What we don’t do is go inside, turn ourselves inside out, and read our own story. You have to look inside to find out what you truly want.”
- “We all have the ability to come from nothing to something.”
- “If you can see yourself doing something, you can do it. If you can’t see yourself doing something, you usually can’t achieve it.”
David Goggins Quotes to Help You Try Again
- “Suffering is the true test of life.”
- “Everyone comes to a point in their life when they want to quit. It’s what you do in that moment that defines who you are.”
- “Most people who are criticizing and judging haven’t even tried what you’ve failed at.”
- “You may lose the battle in the morning, but don’t lose the war of the day.”
- “On the other side of suffering is greatness.”
- “Failure is an option. It’s what you do with the failure that makes you who you are. Our failures mould us. I have failed at several things in my life. What sets some of us apart is that when we fail, we can’t sleep at night. It haunts us until we have our time at redemption.”
- “Champions never complain. They are too busy getting better.”
- “You have to be willing to suffer to get to the other side.”
- “Living a life avoiding failure does only one thing for you: it never gives you the opportunity to see what you are truly capable of!”
David Goggins remains one of the most well-known athletes and motivational speakers. He is a truly inspirational story of a man that came from nothing and turned his life into a beacon of hope for others.
His quotes regarding suffering will help you learn that there is another side to the pain while his sayings to keep you strong will give you the strength that you need to make it to the other side. The next time you feel as though you want to quit, read some more of these quotes to keep pushing forward.
image source: flickr.com