CPA affiliate programs are programs where the main payment model is a cost per action (payment for action). The target action depends on the vertical and niche. This can be a confirmed order, the first deposit (for gambling), a loan application (for financial offers), etc.
Large affiliate programs are mainly CPA networks. This means that they have a lot of CPA offers, often in different verticals. However, the main payment model remains the same. Let’s discover how to choose the best for you.
How to choose the right CPA offer?
The top affiliate program for making money must meet several criteria:
- Transparency of conditions. This applies to both the conditions of payments and the conditions for offers and extremely clear commission conditions.
- A good selection of offers. Top CPA affiliate programs also have author’s exclusive offers.
- A variety of webmaster tools – a high-quality CPA network has everything an affiliate needs: ready-made promos, domain parking, detailed statistics, etc.
- Affiliate honesty – really good affiliate programs do not shave payouts and do not block webmasters for far-fetched reasons.
- High-quality technical support – this includes the support of a personal manager, the willingness of technical support to help the webmaster, and prompt responses.
- The convenience of payouts for an arbitrage specialist – an acceptable minimum for payouts, a variety of withdrawal methods, a convenient schedule, or the possibility of payouts upon request.
The advertiser and webmaster need to choose the right CPA network; otherwise, they may run into trouble, for example, deliberate fraud. Here is exactly what can happen in an unscrupulous affiliate program:
- Offers with low demand. No matter how hard partners try to promote them, nothing will work since these proposals will not initially arouse the interest of users. For this reason, it is necessary to check offers for relevance.
- Shave or cut traffic for no apparent reason. Usually, new PPs, advertisers with no experience, and scammers are engaged in it. It will be possible to recognize the shave by tests – buy the product through your affiliate link. If the affiliate program is honest, the agreed commission for the sale will sit on your balance.
- Cookie spoofing. This already carries risks for the advertiser. If the affiliate network is not experienced enough, webmasters can use fraud, replacement retargeting code, or bots.
- A small number of partners. If there is a small base of webmasters in a CPA affiliate program, this causes distrust.
- Authority. It is advisable to work with trusted affiliate networks that have been on the market for more than five years. Such companies care about their reputation, so they will not deceive and provide reliable mutually beneficial cooperation.
One of the fraudulent schemes applicable in CPA is clickford. This is when specially hired people perform targeted actions but are in no way interested in the services or goods of the advertiser. As a rule, clickford customers are unscrupulous partners or competitors who want to drain the budget of a particular advertisement.
To combat fraud, high-quality CPA networks must have an established protection system, automatic filters, a system for blocking blacklisted IP addresses, a tool to disable suspicious accounts, etc.
How to make money with CPA affiliates
Affiliate networks give webmasters the opportunity to earn in several ways:
- Through a personal website. If the blog is well promoted in search networks and has a lot of traffic, it can be redirected to advertising landing pages and get high profits. It is advisable to select offers for the theme of the site so that advertising does not scare away the target audience.
- Through social networks. You can promote offers through your active communities. It is much more efficient to launch a paid target and run ads in the user feed. Other options are your own Youtube channel, TikTok, and Instagram.
- With the help of contextual advertising. You must have some budget. Of course, there are risks of draining money, but experience helps to get a profit.
CPA networks do not guarantee such a result as a full-fledged SEO promotion. However, they make it quick and easy to get customers. Therefore, business owners and entrepreneurs choose this format. As a rule, inexpensive and popular products are advertised through affiliate programs.