If you have never used loans in your life, you have probably heard about such a popular phenomenon as a loan before payday. Most often, advertisements for payday loans are seen around Christmas or before the holidays. Some lending companies are better known and others less well.
But one thing is for sure: you will not find payday loans in any of the bank’s offerings. To use them, you need to contact non-banking institutions, or rather go to a specific website.
Payday loans are a type of microloan provided by financial institutions also known as parabanks. They differ from standard loans primarily in their short maturity and relatively small amount not exceeding several thousand. People who apply for a payday loan usually do not need to have a good credit history.
What Else Distinguishes This Type of Loan?
Comprehensive service that takes place primarily on the Internet. Online payday loans, for example, those that you can get at Directloantransfer, are issued without the need to visit the lending institution in person. What’s more, most parabanks don’t have fixed customer service centers at all.
Is it Safe to Use Payday Loans?
Don’t be afraid to use offers from non-banking companies. Payday loan institutions are required to provide their clients with reliable and accurate information about the interest rate or additional fees that accompany the loan.
How to Use Payday Loans Responsibly?
Everyone was in a difficult financial situation. From now, a payday loan is a salvation for a large number of people. Some upper and even middle-class people tend to consider these loans below their own. But nothing could be further from the truth. The middle class is often the one who uses payday loans the most. When you are faced with some unexpected expenses, payday loans can really help you.
1. Never borrow more money if you cannot pay it off on time. This is a good rule of thumb when it comes to loans in general. Most payday loans must be paid off either next week or within the next two weeks. Make sure you know that you will have the money to pay off the loan.
2. Understand that you are getting something for a reason. All pre-payday courts include either some percentage of the amount you borrowed, added as interest, or a flat fee depending on how much you do. This interest rate can range from 10% to $ 25 depending on the size of the loan. Consider this significant fact when thinking about getting a payday loan.
3. You can do without it. Never use a payday loan to buy something you can live without like a TV or computer unless it is critical to your earnings. Payday loans are best used only in emergencies and as a last resort. If you have money that you are saving for something else, take it instead of a payday loan.
4. Borrow only what you need at the moment. When the loan matures, it will happen soon.
5. You can also use the credit card cash dispensing function. This is about the same as a payday loan since the interest rate is about the same. The only difference is that you don’t have to go through another application process to use it as you are already approved by the credit card company.
How to Avoid the Payday Loans Trap?
If you have trouble paying off your payday loan, the lender may tempt you with an extension known as a deferral or renewal or even an additional loan. However, your lender can only offer you two renewals. They should give you a fact sheet every time they offer you one detailing the providers of free debt counseling services.
Extending the maturity of a payday loan may seem like a great solution if you are struggling to pay off an existing loan. But this will quickly lead to problems because, in the long run, you will have to pay much more in interest and other fees. This makes it difficult for you to pay for the essentials.
You can cancel a recurring payment by contacting your bank or card issuer and informing them that you have revoked your recurring payment authorization. The entity you paid must reimburse all payments received along with any associated costs.
But you must inform them of this before the end of the working day before the due date. If you would like to cancel payments, there is a letter template that you may use on the MFI’s website.
Canceling the standing order does not change the fact that you are still in debt to the creditor. If you cancel your subscription due to difficulty getting your money back, notify the lender as soon as possible and ask if they can give you time to pay. You should also consider getting free debt counseling to help you get out of debt.
Before agreeing to a loan, many payday lenders will ask you to set up a recurring payment (also known as a recurring payment authority or CPA). This allows them to withdraw your debt directly from your bank account via a debit card on the day of maturity. This can be convenient but risky. It may also not leave you with enough money in your account to pay other bills such as a mortgage or rent, or other important expenses such as heating or food.
Consequently, this could lead to the overdraft limit being exceeded leading to bank charges. If you do not feel that the CPA gives you sufficient control over your finances, ask the lender if you can help in another way. You can cancel your CPA at any time although you will still be in arrears. Therefore, you will need to repay it in a different way.
How to Cancel a Recurring Payment?
You can cancel a direct debit by contacting your bank or building society or through the online banking app. If you no longer need the goods or services, it is better to inform the organization that provides them to you so that your order is canceled and no further payments are charged.
If you still want to receive the product or service, contact the supplier as soon as possible to agree on an alternative payment method. If you would like to ask your bank to cancel a direct debit, there is a letter template that you can use on the page of the company.
You can cancel the standing order or change the amount, date or frequency by contacting your bank or financial corporation.