Rice is a classic side dish when it comes to meals of all varieties. It is no wonder there are entire machines dedicated to perfecting it, such as rice cookers. You might be wondering if you should invest in one of these in order to get results you are satisfied with, but before you do, we may have a solution to make your life simpler. Check out https://onepotdishrecipe.com/ for one-pot recipes.
With our easy Instant Pot Jasmine Rice recipes and recommendations, you can make deliciously steamed rice in less than 20 minutes— no rice cooker needed.
Today’s recipes will be about perfecting that sticky, sweet jasmine rice that so many people are fond of. Believe me, it’s well worth the endeavor. All you need is an Instant Pot to make gourmet rice where all the cooking’s done for you. No more scraping off dried rice from the bottom of your pans. This recipe will give you results that are clean and easy.
In the first recipe, we will be showing you how to make a basic jasmine rice recipe that will be a great starting point for any future adventures you may embark on in your kitchen.
We will also show you how to make an easy “Ginger and Jasmine Instant Pot Rice Recipe” with only five ingredients. This is a simple jasmine rice recipe that will make a great side for any meal.
Long-grain jasmine rice is a great healthy carbohydrate, especially when cooked with other protein-rich and fiber-rich foods. It is a balancing staple for any meal. This rice pairs well with chicken curry, stir-fry, and vegetables. However you eat it, you’ll be craving it long after.
Ready to get cooking?
Plain Jane Jasmine Rice Instant Pot Recipe
2 cups jasmine rice
2 cups cold water
1 teaspoon salt
1. Rinse jasmine rice in a colander until the water coming out is clear and not cloudy.
2. Place the rice in your Instant Pot and add in water and salt.
3. Press the “pressure” button on your Instant Pot and cook for 4 minutes.
4. Once cooked, release the open valve on the top of your Instant Pot and allow 10 minutes for steam to release.
5. Place your rice in a dish, fluff with a fork, and serve with your favorite meals.
Ginger and Jasmine Rice Instant Pot Recipe
This aromatic blend with ginger perfectly complements the rice.
Instant Pot – Six quart size or larger
2 cups jasmine rice
2 cups water
1 tablespoon ginger, minced
1-2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon olive oil (or oil of your choice)
For topping, consider chopped cilantro or green onions
1. Measure two cups of rice from the package. Rinse your rice in a colander or a large bowl, until the water running out is no longer cloudy.
2. Place jasmine rice in your Instant Pot and add in the rest of your ingredients. Give your ingredients a good stir to make sure everything is combined.
3. Turn your Instant Pot to “pressure” and set timer for 3 minutes. (Note: don’t be alarmed if the timer doesn’t start ticking right away, your Instant Pot takes a second to heat up and then will start cooking.)
4. Once the 3 minutes have gone by, press the release button or turn the release valve, depending on the Instant Pot you are using. This step allows steam to slowly rise out of the top and takes about 10 minutes.
5. Chop up cilantro and sprinkle on top of your rice.
6. Serve warm, with your favorite chicken or stir fry recipe. Also, make sure to fluff your rice with a fork so it looks nice and yummy!
• Make sure you get the water-to-rice ratio just right when making this recipe. Too much water and your rice will not get fully cooked, too little and it will end up overcooked. Be exacting and stick to a 1-1 ratio, as it is tried and true.
• In order to get a 1-1 ratio of water to rice, make sure you use a dry ingredients measuring cup for the rice and a wet ingredients measuring cup for the water. This may seem like a given but even slight mistakes could cause you to have burned rice and we do not want that.
• You may be tempted to use the “keep warm” setting on your Instant Pot, however, this is not recommended. Leaving it on could cause the rice to keep cooking on the bottom and become hard. It could also make for a much harder cleanup process.
Want to Spice Things Up?
Below we have included even more recipes for you to try if you are feeling brave. The options are truly limitless with this perfect cooking method. Go a little crazy!
• Missing the Bahamas or wanting to go tropical? Try this Easy Instant Pot Coconut Rice Recipe. By simply adding coconut milk and a couple of other ingredients, you can achieve amazing flavor in a matter of minutes.
• Turmeric is always a colorful and spicy addition to any dish. This Instant Pot Tumeric Jasmine Rice Recipe works especially well if you pair your rice with chicken curry. Prepare for flavorful goodness.
• Want a little rice with your pudding? This Instant Pot Jasmine Rice Pudding Recipe says it all, and begs the question, why can’t you have pudding for dinner? While this recipe is a two-step process, it’s all done in the Instant Pot.
• Are you an avid fried rice fan? We don’t blame you. Indulge yourself with this yummy Instant Pot Fried Rice Recipe. This pairs well with chicken, vegetables, and egg rolls.
• Wanting a full-on meal with your jasmine rice? Check out this Chicken Broccoli Fried Rice Recipe. Meals can be pretty simple when you just toss them in a pot.
Making high-quality rice with results you are proud of doesn’t have to be rocket science. With today’s technology, your Instant Pot does all of the cooking for you, all you do is rinse your rice and toss it in for cooking. We invite you to keep coming back to this fluffy, white goodness as much as you want. There’s no harm in a little rice.