3 Benefits Of Leaping Bunny Certified Companies
Have you ever heard about Leaping Bunny certified companies before? Whether your answer is yes or no, we highly recommend that you read this article, and we can assure you that you’ll find this helpful.
In today’s post, you’ll get to know more about the benefits of a Leaping Bunny certified company. But, before that let’s first take a look at what is Leaping Bunny so that those who heard this term for the first time will have an idea.
What is Leaping Bunny?
Leaping Bunny is a non-profit organization that supports a global campaign to end product testing on animals. This program sets a corporate standard of sympathy or concern through a set of criteria that we’ll enumerate later on for household products and cosmetics. Companies can become Leaping Bunny certified when they meet all the criteria.
Leaping Bunny certified companies can’t join in animal testing in product formulation and ingredients. It means, aside from the finished product, every individual ingredient utilized in the product shouldn’t have undergone animal testing or been acquired from suppliers conducting a test on animals.
Let’s find out the benefits of being a Leaping Bunny certified company:
1. Guarantees That Products Aren’t Tested on Animals
Being a Leaping Bunny certified company means that you’re a trusted cruelty-free company. In fact, products of companies across the world like Moxe Wellness products hold Leaping Bunny certification. This certification shows customers that your company has the policies and procedures in place to allow and confirm your cruelty-free claims.
2. The Company Will Be Listed on the Compassionate Shopping Guide of Leaping Bunny
Aside from showing that you’re compassionate to animals, a Leaping Bunny certified company will be listed in all versions of the agency’s Compassionate Shopping Guide. Please note that Leaping Bunny reaches millions of people and animal supporter groups. It means that when your company is included in this list, you can reach more customers not only in your area, but in other places as well.
3. Safe from Being Banned
Governments all over the world had banned animal testing for various products, especially for ingredients and finished products. The European Union, Switzerland, Norway, Israel, Norway, New Zealand, and South Korea had banned animal testing,
So, if you’re running a Leaping Bunny certified company, you can rest easy knowing that your business is safe, especially when the government conducts an inspection without giving notice.
Now that you have an idea about the benefits of such companies, let’s take a look at the criteria that you need to meet if you want to become a Leaping Bunny certified company.
Leaping Bunny Certification Criteria
1. Companies must not, now or in the future, perform, contract, or be a part of animal testing of their brand finished cosmetic products, ingredients, and raw materials contained in the products after its FCOD or fixed cut-off date.
2. Companies should guarantee that no animal testing happens in their supply chains for their brand finished products, cosmetic ingredients, and raw materials after its FCOD by operating an SMS (supplier monitoring system).
3. If companies discover non-compliance with such criteria within their supply chain, they need to take action to resolve the problem.
4. Companies should agree to give independent audits and should make accessible to auditors all facets of their supplier monitoring system upon request. Companies must also implement recommendations and actions made by the auditor within the agreed timeframe.
If your company is already Leaping Bunny certified, keep in mind that your certification needs to be renewed yearly to continue reaping the above-mentioned benefits. But, you’ll need to continue to stick to the criteria to accomplish and retain certification.
However, if you’re currently applying for the certification, the process may take as little as one week, depending on the situation. Usually, the delay is because of the fact that manufacturers and suppliers can often take a while in signing their declarations. The average usually takes 14 to 60 days.
But, the more on top of the application the company is, the quicker it goes. The key is in prioritizing the bid.
Manufacturing goods isn’t just a service or a means to generate income. It’s a responsibility to society and the environment. We can’t laud progress in the various industries while letting the environment suffer at the same time.
Getting certified with Leaping Bunny is one way to show that we care for the environment and this planet’s future. Let the details above guide you through this quest to be socially and environmentally responsible.