Were you betrayed by someone you trusted in your life? Did someone suddenly leave you without saying goodbye? Have you ever experienced the grief caused by the death of someone you loved?
59 Life Goes On Quotes
Whatever struggles you are facing right now, these 59 “life goes on” quotes can help provide inspiration for you to get back up and move on.
1. “People change and things go wrong but just remember life goes on.” — Mac Miller
2. “Things end. People leave. And you know what? Life goes on. Besides, if bad things didn’t happen, how would you be able to feel the good ones?” — Elizabeth Scott
3. “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” — Albert Einstein
4. “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.” — Robert Frost
5. “…but ready or not, life goes on.” — Sidney Sheldon
6. “Sometimes you’re flush and sometimes you’re bust, and when you’re up, it’s never as good as it seems, and when you’re down, you never think you’ll be up again, but life goes on.” — George Jung
7. “Life goes on after sorrow, in spite of sorrow, as a defense against sorrow.” — Cornelia Meigs
8. “One thing always sure. Life goes on with you or without you, no matter how much you saw.” — Lalita Tademy
9. “If something does go wrong, here is my advice… KEEP CALM and CARRY ON.” — Maira Kalman
10. “Because life goes on, L. The birds do their thing, and the bees do theirs. Seeds get scattered, and everything grows back.” — Kami Garcia
11. “Regardless of how it goes down, life goes on.” — Rick Ross
12. “Life goes on is a redundancy. Life is defined by its going on.” — David Leviathan
13. “Yes, I have cancer and it might not go away, but I can still have a future because life goes on.” — Kris Carr
14. “Things change. Stuff happens. Life goes on.” — Elizabeth Scott
15. “They discovered that even in the face of pain that seems unbearable, even in the face of pain that wrings the last drop of blood out of your heart and leaves its scrimshaw tracery on the inside of your skull, life goes on. And pain grows dull, and begins to fade.” — Poppy Z. Brite
16. “Weep if you must. Parting is hell, but life goes on, so sing as well.” — Joyce Grenfell
17. “Always stay true to yourself. Some people will like it, some people won’t. Life goes on.” — Carmelo Anthony
18. “That’s what History teaches us, I think, that life goes on, even though individuals die and whole civilizations crumble away: The simple things last; they are repeated over and over by each generation.” — Philip Reeve
19. “There are people in your life who’ve come and gone, they let you down and hurt your pride. Better put it all behind you, life goes on, you keep carrying that anger, it’ll eat you up inside.” — Don Henley
20. “You learn if your mind stays open. And once you can’t learn no more, your mind must be closed. Life goes on and you keep growing, you know?” — Bobby Womack
21. “Life goes on. Get over it. You’re still young. It’ll get better. Blah, Blah, Blah.” — David Levithan
22. “No matter what you think-life goes on and the world still turns and the universe has its own story. The most we can do is plan anyway, but understand, be humbled by things greater than ourselves.” — Bill Cosby
23. “When you lose what you love, remember to stay strong. Look out the window and remember life goes on.” — Drew Chadwick
24. “You can break down and cry, but you have to get back up and start living again because life goes on.” — Unknown
25. “I’ve been in love and it doesn’t last. And when it’s over, it’s hell for a while. And then one discovers that life goes on. Eventually, one falls in love again. This pattern repeats itself until one is too jaded to believe in it anymore, or too old for all the upheaval.” — Laura Lee
26. “I’m not going to hold my breath because life goes on. Life is too short to sit around moaning about what could have been or what was.” — Tina Weymouth
27. “You fail, and then what? Life goes on. It’s only when you risk failure that you discover things.” — Lupita Nyong’o
28. “People change. Love hurts. Friends leave. Things go wrong. But just remember that life goes on. Time stops for no one.” — Unknown
29. “In the middle of life, death comes to take your measurements. The visit is forgotten and life goes on. But the suit is being sewn on the sly.” — Tomas Transtromer
30. “I’ll be strong, I’ll be wrong, oh but life goes on. Oh, I’m just a girl, trying to find a place in this world.” — Taylor Swift
31. “The biggest mistake we make is trying to square the way we feel about something today with the way we felt about it yesterday. You shouldn’t even bother doing it. You should just figure out the way you feel today and if it happens to comply with what you thought before, fine. If it contradicts it, whatever. Life goes on.” — Malcolm Gladwell
32. “Sometimes, you regret letting certain people into your life. The harm has already been done. All you can do is learn a lesson from it and move on. Life is too short to spend it on regrets. life goes on.” — Gloria Lamisi
33. “Life goes on if you’re one of the lucky ones.” — Judy Blume
34. “To be judged for your imperfections is to be judged of being human. Mistakes are made, life goes on, don’t let other people change who you are.” — Unknown
35. “I would love to have a complete family. I’d love to do it all at once. I’d love to be able to give to my children what my parents were able to give to me. And if I’m blessed to be able to do that, fantastic. If I’m not, then life goes on. You have to do the best you can. I do think we have to bring the family back; I do.” — Michael Ealy
36. “Life is more than just chess. Though king dies, life goes on.” — Toba Beta
37. “Living under a cloud of black, udder a single word and watch the lightning strike, feel the roar of the thunder. Periods of calm are like tears dripping from a rainbow, and life goes on.” — Donna A. Favors
38. “Sometimes you have to accept the fact that certain things will never go back to how they used to be. Life goes on.” — Unknown
39. “Life gets more interesting as it goes on. It becomes fuller because there is perspective there.” — Ann Dowd
40. “So long as this struggle known as life goes on, there will always be the music to fit the mood and make it better.” — Patrick James Balthazor
41. “Even though we have been hurt, we must find a way to get through it, life goes on whether we want it to or not. The world keeps turning no matter how bad we feel. This is why we have to learn how to bounce back and keep moving forward.” — Rashida Rowe
42. “Forgive the haters for what they did to you and also forget what they think about you, always see in the eyes of someone you love a lot and feel that if you cry they will also, now finally put your hand on your heart and remember two things LIFE GOES On no matter what happen with you in past and God has sent you on earth for some special purpose.” — Niishan Panwar
43. “It is hard to lose someone who meant everything to you and you just can’t live without them. But at the end you will get used to it and life goes on.” — Unknown
44. “Things change and friends leave. Life doesn’t stop for anybody, and neither should you.” — Unknown
45. “You have to take the good with the bad, smile when you are sad, love what you’ve got and remember what you had. Always forgive but not forget, learn from your mistake but never regret, people change, and things go wrong, just remember life goes on.” — Unknown
46. “When the pretty birds have flown, And you feel hurt and alone, Be strong and carry on, And remember that life goes on.” — Mouloud Benzadi
47. “She taught me that life goes on, and that I had a choice. To lament what I no longer have or be grateful for what remained.” — Unknown
48. “No matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.” — Maya Angelou
49. “Don’t wait for someone who has completely given up on you. Life goes on.” — Unknown
50. “It’s never nice to lose someone close to you; unfortunately, life goes on, and we have to make peace with it and move on.” — Francois Hougaard
51. “Life goes on, whether you choose to move on and take a chance in the unknown, or stay behind, locked in the past, thinking of what could’ve been.” — Unknown
52. “Remember, whether you choose to move on or stay stuck in the past, life goes on!” — Billy Cox
53. “Change has to come for life to struggle forward.” — Helen Hollick
54. “You are responsible for your life. You can’t keep blaming somebody else for your dysfunction. Life is really about moving on.” — Oprah Winfrey
55. “Life goes on. Probably not the way you wanted it to be, but always the way it’s supposed to be.” — Unknown
56. “As life goes on, the more you allow any negativity to consume your thoughts, the less room you have for positivity to enter them.” — Unknown
57. “I’m too old to worry about who likes me and who dislikes me. I have more important things to do. If you love me, I love you. If you support me, I support you. If you hate me, I don’t care. Life goes on with or without you.” — Unknown
58. “Life goes on, so people move on. But you can’t move on if you are not willing to say goodbye.” — Unknown
59. “On the canvas of life we often go off color. But as long as there are special people to add the right shades, life goes on to be a rainbow. We should strive to become like those special people.” — Unknown
Actionable Steps Toward Recovery From Life’s Struggles
Quotes have inspiring messages, but you also need to take substantial steps when facing life’s struggles. Whether you’re suffering from alcohol addiction or any type of substance abuse, or whatever problem you’re facing in life, the battles are real and a lot difficult if you don’t have a solid plan.
Take a look at these actionable steps toward recovery so that you can face life braver and smarter:
Attend Support Groups
For those who can’t stop alcohol drinking or drug abuse, Stones River Center highly recommends these people to attend support groups or organizations, like Alcoholics Anonymous. These support groups can help you strengthen your support system and avoid relapse.
Here’s how support groups can help you:
• Involve and engage you in group therapy, allowing you to realize that you’re not alone in your journey and there’s still hope in your case.
• Provide helpful advice as to the next steps you have to take towards sobriety.
• Refer you to appropriate agencies for professional help as necessary, such as to family lawyers if you have legal problems with divorce, child custody, or other family cases.
Reflection and Meditation
Through reflecting and meditating, you can improve your spirituality and achieve spiritual awakening. Take a moment to pray, breathe, be with yourself, and free your mind from all the stress, worries, and fears.
Here’s how to best reflect and meditate at home:
• Read spiritual texts, quotes from the Bible, or any inspiring book or online material that you can ponder upon.
• Set a schedule to pray, reflect, and meditate and be consistent with it.
• To boost your mood for reflection and meditation, use aromatherapy or essential oils, candles, crystals, and other relaxing mediums.
• Once in a while, take a vacation, do yoga, or be close with nature through adventure trips to discover oneself and get spiritual enlightenment from these experiences.
Life is unpredictable and cruel at times. It is like a road where we carefully look right and left just to make sure we don’t get hit by a vehicle. But, surprise, surprise! An airplane hits you out of nowhere.
Life throws infinite troubles and obstacles at us like there’s no tomorrow. However, life goes on no matter what we do; just like an unstoppable clock that just keeps ticking and never gets tired.