Tough days at work can dampen your spirit, this can and has happened to each and every one of us, someday or the other.
The daily challenges can be extremely overpowering, making you feel lost. Consequently, your productivity goes down and you are unable to realize your full potential.
If you find yourself feeling unhappy at work, you are not alone. More than half of the American working professionals feel disengaged from their jobs.
When the road ahead feels difficult, motivational quotes from distinguished personalities offer enough inspiration to stay charged and keep going for the week at the least.
Motivational Quotes for Work
Here are 54 motivational quotes for work that will fuel you for the week ahead and help you achieve your aspirations.
1. “Either you run the day, or the day runs you.” – Jim Rohn
2. “If you hear a voice within you say ‘you cannot paint,’ then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.” – Vincent van Gogh
3. “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” – Arthur Ashe
4. “Press on. Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.” – Ray Kroc
5. “Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you’ll be able to see further.” – Thomas Carlyle
6. “You’ve got to get up every morning with determination if you’re going to go to bed with satisfaction.” – George Horace Lorimer
7. “When you reach an obstacle, turn it into an opportunity. You have the choice. You can overcome and be a winner, or you can allow it to overcome you and be a loser. The choice is yours and yours alone. Refuse to throw in the towel. Go that extra mile that failures refuse to travel. It is far better to be exhausted from success than to be rested from failure.” – Mary Kay Ash
8. “I don’t focus on what I’m up against. I focus on my goals and I try to ignore the rest.” – Venus Williams
9. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” – Thomas Edison
10. “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do.” – Steve Jobs
11. “Someday is not a day of the week.” – Janet Dailey
12. “I learned this, at least, by my experiment; that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.” – Henry David Thoreau
13. “If something is wrong, fix it now. But train yourself not to worry, worry fixes nothing.” – Ernest Hemingway
14. “The law of work seems unfair, but nothing can change it; the more enjoyment you get out of your work, the more money you will make.” – Mark Twain
15. “Make each day your masterpiece.” – John Wooden
16. “The size of your success is measured by the strength of your desire, the size of your dream, and how you handle disappointment along the way.” – Robert T. Kiyosaki
17. “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
18. “Like success, failure is many things to many people. With positive mental attitude, failure is a learning experience, a rung on the ladder, and a plateau at which to get your thoughts in order to prepare to try again.” – W. Clement Stone
19. “A year from now you may wish you had started today.” – Karen Lamb
20. “You get to decide where your time goes. You can either spend it moving forward, or you can spend it putting out fires. You decide. And if you don’t decide, others will decide for you.” – Tony Morgan
21. “Winning isn’t everything, but wanting to win is.” – Vince Lombardi
22. “Fall seven times, stand up eight.” – Japanese Proverb
23. “You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don’t make money your goal. Instead, pursue the things you love doing and then do them so well that people can’t take their eyes off of you.” – Maya Angelou
24. “Even if you’re on the right track you’ll get run over if you just sit there.” – Will Rogers
25. “When someone tells me ‘no,’ it doesn’t mean I can’t do it, it simply means I can’t do it with them.” – Karen E. Quinones Miller
26. “Life’s like a movie, write your own ending. Keep believing, keep pretending.” – Jim Hensen
27. “Don’t count the days make the days count.” – Muhammad Ali
28. “The question isn’t who is going to let me, it’s who is going to stop me.” – Ayn Rand
29. “Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out.” – Robert Collier
30. “Just don’t give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don’t think you can go wrong.” – Ella Fitzgerald
31. “Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.” – Yoda, Star Wars (Film series)
32. “Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.” – Dale Carnegie
33. “It’s not what you say out of your mouth that determines your life; it’s what you whisper to yourself that has the most power.” – Robert T. Kiyosaki
34. “We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” – Joseph Campbell
35. “I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: ‘If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?’ And whenever the answer has been ‘No’ for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something.” – Steve Jobs
36. “Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.” – George Addai
37. “The best way out is always through.” – Robert Frost
38. “Hey there, Mr. Grumpy Gills. When life gets you down do you wanna know what you’ve gotta do? Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim.” – Dory, Finding Nemo (Movie)
39. “Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
40. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover.” – Mark Twain
41. “Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it.” – Charles Swindoll
42. “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And you are the one who’ll decide where to go…” – Dr. Suess, Oh, the Places You’ll Go! (Book)
43. “So many things are possible just as long as you don’t know they’re impossible.” – Norton Juster, The Phantom Tollbooth (Novel)
44. “In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” – Thomas Jefferson
45. “The world you desire can be won. It exists… it is real… it is possible… it’s yours.” – Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged (Novel)
46. “It’s life. You don’t figure it out. You just climb up on the beast and ride.” – Rebecca Wells, Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood (Movie)
47. “Very often, a change of self is needed more than a change of scene.” – A. C. Benson
48. “It is by going down into the abyss that we recover the treasures of life. Where you stumble, there lies your treasure.” – Joseph Campbell
49. “If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put foundations under them.” – Henry David Thoreau
50. “I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.” – Stephen Covey
51. “‘I’m bored’ is a useless thing to say. I mean, you live in a great, big, vast world that you’ve seen none percent of. Even the inside of your own mind is endless; it goes on forever, inwardly, do you understand? The fact that you’re alive is amazing, so you don’t get to say ‘I’m bored.’” – Louis C. K.
52. “Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.” – Margaret Mead
53. “I have been bent and broken, but – I hope – into a better shape.” – Charles Dickens, Great Expectations (Novel)
54. “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” – Wayne Gretzky
People have a different source of motivation that keeps them going at work and elsewhere. However, inspirational quotes can encourage and give that push to anyone, to pursue and achieve their goals and aspirations.
The aforementioned motivational quotes for work will boost your spirit at work and keep you stoked for the week.