Depression can be crushing at times.
The World Health Organization estimates that over 300 million people across the globe are living in depression. Thus, depression is quite common in modern times, a little bit of inspiration can offer great comfort to those suffering from depression.
Inspirational quotes can lift your spirit and steer you through the rough sea of life. When you are feeling low and depressed, words of encouragement can give you the strength to overcome obstacles and move on.
If you have ever felt inspired listening to numbers such as ‘I Have a Dream’ or ‘Defying Gravity,’ you will agree that a single positive quote can change your life.
33 Motivational Quotes
Here are 33 motivational quotes that will enable you to see the light at the end of the day.
1. “A positive attitude gives you power over your circumstances instead of your circumstances having power over you.” ~ Joyce Meyer
2. “Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.” ~ Helen Keller
3. “Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
4. “What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly.” ~ Richard Bach
5. “When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.” ~ Harriet Beecher Stowe
6. “Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.” ~ Mary Anne Radmacher
7. “When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.” ~ Alexander Graham Bell
8. “Ring the bells that still can ring. Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack, a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.” ~ Leonard Cohen
9. “The greatest degree of inner tranquility comes from the development of love and compassion. The more we care for the happiness of others, the greater is our own sense of well-being.” ~ Tenzin Gyatso
10. “We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.” ~ Kenji Miyazawa
11. “Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.” ~ Harriet Tubman
12. “All progress takes place outside the comfort zone.” ~ Michael John Bobak
13. “There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.” ~ Louis L’amour
14. “Always dream and shoot higher than you know you can do. Don’t bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself.” ~ William Faulkner
15. “Everything you can imagine is real.” ~ Pablo Picasso
16. “Find your purpose and fling your life out to it. Find a way or make one. Try with all your might. Self-made or never made.” ~ Orison Swett Marden
17. “Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.” ~ Christian D. Larson
18. “Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines.” ~ Robert Schuller
19. “Risk more than others think is safe. Care more than others think is wise. Dream more than others think is practical. Expect more than others think is possible.” ~ Cadet Maxim
20. “In the midst of movement and chaos, keep stillness inside of you.” ~ Deepak Chopra
21. “There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.” ~ Douglas H. Everett
22. “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” ~ Arthur Ashe
23. “How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.” ~ Anne Frank
24. “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
25. “Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood.” ~ Helen Keller
26. “I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe.” ~ The Dalai Lama
27. “It is by going down into the abyss that we recover the treasures of life. Where you stumble, there lies your treasure.” ~ Joseph Campbell
28. “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” ~ Thomas A. Edison
29. “Even if you fall on your face, you’re still moving forward.” ~ Victor Kiam
30. “Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s always your choice.” ~ Wayne Dyer
31. “Do you want to know who you are? Don’t ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.” ~ Thomas Jefferson
32. “Have patience with all things, but chiefly have patience with yourself. Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them – every day begin the task anew.” ~ Saint Francis de Sales
33. “I’d rather attempt to do something great and fail than to attempt to do nothing and succeed.” ~ Robert H. Schuller
Life is a constant struggle. Regardless of what you are struggling with, it helps to read a few words of inspiration.
Whether you have faced a tragedy, failed at an attempt to achieve a goal, or have been rejected by someone you care for, these motivational quotes will give you the much-required boost to overcome your depressive state. They will fill you with positive energy and get you ready to face the world with a smile.