Ups and downs are part of life.
However, faith inspires us to go on even when everything seems to fall apart. It helps you in hard times by giving you courage, strength, and hope.
Faith isn’t necessarily about finding divine intervention but about finding happiness and love in the most turbulent times.
Quotes about Faith
These 49 beautiful and inspiring quotes will help you keep the faith, no matter what happens.
1. “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.” – Helen Keller
2. “Faith is an excitement and an enthusiasm: it is a condition of intellectual magnificence to which we must cling as to a treasure, and not squander on our way through life in the small coin of empty words, or in an exact and priggish argument.” – George Sand
3. “I believe in everything until it’s disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it’s in your mind. Who’s to say that dreams and nightmares aren’t as real as the here and now?” – John Lennon
4. “Faith is unseen but felt, faith is the strength when we feel we have none, faith is hope when all seems lost.” – Catherine Pulsifer
5. “Faith does not eliminate questions. But faith knows where to take them.” – Elisabeth Elliot
6. “God will not look you over for medals, degrees or diplomas but for scars.” – Elbert Hubbard
7. “Faith means being sure of what we hope for now. It means knowing something is real, this moment, all around you, even when you don’t see it.” – Joni Eareckson Tada
8. “Beginnings are usually scary and endings are usually sad, but it’s everything in between that makes it all worth living.” – Sandra Bullock in “Hope Floats”
9. “Only in the darkness can you see the stars.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
10. “Faith is not the belief that God will do what you want. It is the belief that God will do what is right.” – Max Lucado, He Still Moves Stones
11. “We never grow closer to God when we just live life. It takes deliberate pursuit and attentiveness.” – Francis Chan
12. “God didn’t promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, or the sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.” – Unknown
13. “Sometimes beautiful things come into our lives out of nowhere. We can’t always understand them, but we have to trust in them. I know you want to question everything, but sometimes it pays to just have a little faith.” – Lauren Kate, Torment
14. “Faith is a kind of knowing; it is different from hope. My faith is that life is purposeful; of that I’m sure. There is a God, there is intelligence, there is consciousness. And behind all of this, there is incredible compassion.” – John Denver
15. “Faith, to my mind, is a stiffening process, a sort of mental starch.” – E.M. Forster
16. “I believe if you keep your faith, you keep your trust, you keep the right attitude, if you’re grateful, you’ll see God open up new doors.” – Joel Osteen
17. “Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.” – Gail Devers
18. “Forgiveness is unlocking the door to set someone free and realizing you were the prisoner!” – Max Lucado
19. “Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
20. “None of us knows what might happen even the next minute, yet still we go forward. Because we trust. Because we have Faith.” – Paulo Coelho, Brida
21. “You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.” – Mahatma Gandhi
22. “I don’t think that we’re meant to understand it all the time. I think that sometimes we just have to have faith.” – Nicholas Sparks
23. “Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths.” – Charles H. Spurgeon
24. “Just because you can’t see it doesn’t mean it isn’t there. You can’t see the future, yet you know it will come; you can’t see the air, yet you continue to breathe.” – Claire London
25. “To have faith is to trust yourself to the water. When you swim you don’t grab hold of the water because if you do you will sink and drown. Instead, you relax, and float.” – Alan Watts
26. “Faith is like radar that sees through the fog.” – Corrie Ten Boom, Tramp for the Lord
27. “Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.” – Saint Augustine
28. “Choose your friends with caution; plan your future with purpose, and frame your life with faith.” – Thomas S. Monson
29. “Faith is what makes life bearable, with all its tragedies and ambiguities and sudden, startling joys.” – Madeleine L’Engle
30. “Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick. Don’t lose faith.” – Steve Jobs
31. “Keep Going! Your hardest times often lead to the greatest moments of your life. Keep going. Tough situations build strong people in the end.” – Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart
32. “They say a person needs just three things to be truly happy in this world: someone to love, something to do, and something to hope for.” – Tom Bodett
33. “Respect your parents. What they tell you is true. Hard work, dedication, and faith will get you anything. Imagination will drive itself. You can get anything you want, but you have to have faith behind all your ideas. Stick to your goals and have an undying faith.” – Russell Simmons
34. “I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe.” – Smith Wigglesworth
35. “Faith makes things possible, not easy.” – Unknown
36. “Faith is what gets you started. Hope is what keeps you going. Love is what brings you to the end.” – Mother Angelica
37. “Every tomorrow has two handles. We can take hold of it with the handle of anxiety or the handle of faith.” – Henry Ward Beecher
38. “Its lack of faith that makes people afraid of meeting challenges, and I believed in myself.” – Muhammad Ali
39. “You cannot swim for new horizons until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.” – William Faulkner
40. “Faith… must be enforced by reason…. When faith becomes blind it dies.” – Mahatma Gandhi
41. “I think you need to go through some stuff to really appreciate life and understand what it means to persevere, overcome and have faith. I think those tough times make you a stronger person.” – Judith Hill
42. “Sorrow looks back, Worry looks around, Faith looks up” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
43. “Creativity is always a leap of faith. You’re faced with a blank page, blank easel, or an empty stage.” – Julia Cameron
44. “Faith, in the sense in which I am here using the word, is the art of holding on to things your reason has once accepted, in spite of your changing moods.” – C.S. Lewis
45. “In faith, there is enough light for those who want to believe and enough shadows to blind those who don’t.” – Blaise Pascal
46. “How can one come to possess great faith? Now listen, here is the answer to that: First, the blade, then the ear, then the full corn in the ear. Faith must grow by soil, moisture, and exercise.” – Smith Wigglesworth
47. “Talk unbelief, and you will have unbelief, but talk faith, and you will have faith. According to the seed sown will be the harvest.” – Ellen G. White
48. “Do not put your faith in what statistics say until you have carefully considered what they do not say.” – William W. Watt
49. “You can be anything you want to be if you only believe with sufficient conviction and act in accordance with your faith; for whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve.” – Napoleon Hill
Faith can be hard to define.
For some people, faith is about believing in the divine power, and for others it is about believing in your inner strength.
One thing is clear though, sailing through a storm becomes a lot easier if you have faith. Hopefully, these 49 quotes about faith will guide you through the most difficult times in your life.