Everyone talks about “keeping the momentum going.” Doing so, however, is easier said than done. The following quotes about momentum from some of the greatest minds in history will make its role in our lives amply clear.
It is necessary to make the most of every opportunity life presents before us. Hard work and perseverance bring us success, and it is crucial to keep the ball rolling. Reaching the goal is easy; and then comes the hard part: sustaining the success.
Few people are able to keep moving forward despite all odds. This quality is a gift. Keeping the momentum up entails continually steering the ship of your life in the right direction while weathering the storms.
If you’re looking for words of wisdom, encouragement, and support in your constant journey towards triumphs, you’ve come to the right place.
30 Quotes on Momentum to Help You Charge Ahead with Confidence
Quotes on Momentum That Will Recharge Your Batteries
- “Success requires first expending ten units of effort to produce one unit of results. Your momentum will then produce ten units of results with each unit of effort.” – Charles J. Givens
- “If I find something I like, I’ll chase it and see what comes out the other side. Once a song gets momentum and gets away from you, that’s a good sign.” – Dave Matthews
- “The world is wide, and I will not waste my life in friction when it could be turned into momentum.” – Frances Willard
- “Whatever beginning goals you set for yourself, following through on them will build momentum and a sense of achievement and those small success will point the way to bigger ones.” – Pamela Glass Kelly
- “If you are offered a seat on a rocket ship, do not ask what seat! Just get on.” – Sheryl Sandberg
- “If you have the guts to keep making mistakes, your wisdom and intelligence leap forward with huge momentum.” – Holly Near
- “While a good leader sustains momentum, a great leader increases it.” – John C. Maxwell
- “I’ve got forward momentum. There’s no virtue in it. It’s just a balancing act. I don’t dare stop.” – Lois McMaster Bujold
- “Don’t get bogged down with all the details of how it’s going to come together. Just do the dishes. And watch the momentum build.” – Brian J. White
Quotes on Momentum for Going the Extra Mile
- “It is often when night looks darkest, it is often before the fever breaks that one senses the gathering momentum for change when one feels that resurrection of hope in the midst of despair and apathy.” – Hillary Clinton
- “Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit.” – Conrad Hilton
- “Always work hard. Intensity clarifies. It creates not only momentum but also the pressure you need to feel either friction or fulfillment.” – Marcus Buckingham
- “When you find yourself in the thickness of pursuing a goal or dream, stop only to rest. Momentum builds success.” – Suzy Kassem
- “There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.” – Beverly Sills
- “Throughout human history, in any great endeavor requiring the common effort of many nations and men and women everywhere, we have learned – it is only through the seriousness of purpose and persistence that we ultimately carry the day. We might liken it to riding a bicycle. You stay upright and move forward so long as you keep up the momentum.” – Ban Ki-moon
- “Today if anything is trying to hold you back, give no attention to it. Get your hopes up, get your faith up, look up, and get ready to rise up.” – Germany Kent
- “Forward momentum. That’s my new motto. No regrets. And no going back.”- Gayle Forman
- “Never surrender to the momentum of mediocrity.” – Marlon Brando
- “No actor forgets the times he couldn’t get a job. I think everyone doing this operates from that fear. You don’t want that momentum to stop when you get it.” – Ben Affleck
Powerful Quotes on Momentum That Will Push You Forward
- “When you have that window of opportunity called a crisis, move as quickly as you can, get as much done as you can. There’s a momentum for change that’s very compelling.” – Anne M. Mulcahy
- “When you’re that successful, things have a momentum, and at a certain point you can’t really tell whether you have created the momentum or it’s creating you.” – Annie Lennox
- “You don’t close a sale, you open a relationship if you want to build a long-term, successful enterprise.” – Patricia Fripp
- “Most of life is routine – dull and grubby, but routine is the momentum that keeps a man going. If you wait for inspiration you’ll be standing on the corner after the parade is a mile down the street.” – Ben Nicholas
- “Sometimes being pushed to the wall gives you the momentum necessary to get over it!” – Peter de Jager
- “Excitement must lead to immediate action or you will lose the power of momentum. More dreams die because we fail to seize the moment. Do it now!” – Tony Robbins
- “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” – Confucius
- “Keep moving ahead because action creates momentum, which in turn creates unanticipated opportunities.” – Nick Vujicic
- “Accept yourself, love yourself, and keep moving forward. If you want to fly, you have to give up what weighs you down.” – Roy T. Bennett
- “Life is about accepting the challenges along the way, choosing to keep moving forward, and savoring the journey.” – Roy T. Bennett
- “The momentum now is inevitable. Now it’s about each of us individually arranging the furniture of our own mind to deal with what has become inevitable.” – Terence McKenna
While you may have persevered and achieved your goals, your responsibility does not end there. In fact, your duties have just begun as you will now have to channelize all your effort towards not only preserving but also increasing the momentum.
The above quotes about momentum will keep you motivated to stay on the path to success and work towards improving every sphere of your life.