Everybody wants to be successful. No one wants to fail, ever.
But is it possible to succeed without failing? The answer is no. No great success in life was ever achieved without failure.
Remember Thomas Edison’s 10,000 attempts of creating a light bulb. Failure is an integral part of success. Neither is success eternal nor failure permanent. The passion to keep doing what you truly believe in is what ultimately matters.
Quotes about Moving on
This collection of 35 short quotes on failing, getting back up again and building a fulfilling life will hopefully allow you to see failure and success in a different perspective.
1. “Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.” ~ Dennis P. Kimbro
2. “Be not afraid of life. Believe that life is worth living, and your belief will help create the fact.” ~ William James
3. “Even when you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.” ~ Will Rogers
4. “When I hear somebody sigh, ‘Life is hard,’ I am always tempted to ask, ‘Compared to what?” ~ Sydney Harris
5. “Look at the sparrows; they do not know what they will do in the next moment. Let us literally live from moment to moment.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi
6. “The difference between a successful person and others is not lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.” ~ Vince Lombardi
7. “Don’t worry about failures, worry about the chances you miss when you don’t even try.” ~ Jack Canfield
8. “Though no one can go back and make a brand-new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand-new ending.” ~ Carl Bard
9. “The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible.” ~ Arthur C. Clarke
10. “Many of life’s failures are experienced by people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” ~ Thomas Edison
11. “Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.” ~ John Wooden
12. “Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” ~ Joshua J. Marine
13. “Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.” ~ Mark Twain
14. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” ~ Winston Churchill
15. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison
16. “Success… seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit.” ~ Conrad Hilton
17. “Success is not the absence of failure; it’s the persistence through failure.” ~ Aisha Tyler
18. “We should not give up and we should not allow the problem to defeat us.” ~ A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
19. “If you don’t like how things are, change it! You’re not a tree.” ~ Jim Rohn
20. “The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.” ~ Thomas Paine
21. “Every exit is an entry somewhere else.” ~ Tom Stoppard
22. “When you fail, you learn from the mistakes you made and it motivates you to work even harder.” ~ Natalie Gulbis
23. “You can’t expect to hit the jackpot if you don’t put a few nickels in the machine.” ~ Flip Wilson
24. “Do not be embarrassed by your failures, learn from them and start again.” ~ Richard Branson
25. “Failures, repeated failures, are finger posts on the road to achievement. One fails forward toward success.” ~ C. S. Lewis
26. “A little more persistence, a little more effort, and what seemed hopeless failure may turn to glorious success.” ~ Elbert Hubbard
27. “Failure should be our teacher, not our undertaker. Failure is delay, not defeat. It is a temporary detour, not a dead end. Failure is something we can avoid only by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing.” ~ Denis Waitley
28. “When you take risks, you learn that there will be times when you succeed and there will be times when you fail, and both are equally important.” ~ Ellen DeGeneres
29. “Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” ~ Winston Churchill
30. “You build on failure. You use it as a stepping stone. Close the door on the past. You don’t try to forget the mistakes, but you don’t dwell on it. You don’t let it have any of your energy, or any of your time, or any of your space.” ~ Johnny Cash
31. “Failure is so important. We speak about success all the time. It is the ability to resist failure or use failure that often leads to greater success. I’ve met people who don’t want to try for fear of failing.” ~ J.K. Rowling
32. “No human ever became interesting by not failing. The more you fail and recover and improve, the better you are as a person. Ever meet someone who’s always had everything work out for them with zero struggle? They usually have the depth of a puddle. Or they don’t exist.” ~ Chris Hardwick
33. “When we give ourselves permission to fail, we, at the same time, give ourselves permission to excel.” ~ Eloise Ristad
34. “The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing.” ~ Henry Ford
35. “With a hint of good judgment, to fear nothing, not failure or suffering or even death, indicates that you value life the most. You live to the extreme; you push limits; you spend your time building legacies. Those do not die.” ~ Criss Jami
Success and failure don’t matter as long as we can be sure that we’ve tried our best.
There will be times when we try our best and still fall flat on our face but such instances will be greatly outnumbered by the occasions when we lost but still had a scope of trying harder. Opportunities that are lost do not deserve our guilt but ask for our self-motivation to turn our failures into triumphs.