Everybody has their fears and doubts, but learning to conquer them could be the best thing you could achieve in your journey through life.
The good thing is, there are several ways and exercises on how to face your fears and helpful tips on diminishing self-doubt and establishing self-confidence, self-esteem, and proper management of emotions.
So, to help you eliminate your fears and doubts, I’ve collected inspiring quotes from different people that will definitely outshine the fears and self-doubts in your mind.
67 Relatable Quotes to Eliminate Your Fears and Doubts
1. “We should all start to live before we get too old. Fear is stupid. So are regrets.” – Marilyn Monroe
2. “A person who doubts himself is like a man who would enlist in the ranks of his enemies and bear arms against himself. He makes his failure certain by himself being the first person to be convinced of it.” – Ambrose Bierce
3. “Have no fear of perfection – you’ll never reach it.” – Salvador Dali
4. “Willpower is the key to success. Successful people strive no matter what they feel by applying their will to overcome apathy, doubt or fear.” – Dan Millman
5. “Do not fear mistakes. You will know failure. Continue to reach out.” – Benjamin Franklin
6. “I can’t think of anyone I admire who isn’t fuelled by self-doubt. It’s an essential ingredient. It’s the grit in the oyster.” – Richard Eyre
7. “Do the thing you fear and continue to do so. This is the quickest and surest way of all victory over fear.” – Dale Carnegie
8. “Belief in oneself is incredibly infectious. It generates momentum, the collective force of which far outweighs any kernel of self-doubt that may creep in.” – Aimee Mullins
9. “Fight your fears and you’ll be in battle forever. Face your fears and you’ll be free forever.” – Lucas Jonkman
10. “Nothing in life is to be feared. It is to be understood.” – Marie Curie
11. “Turning pro is a mindset. If we are struggling with fear, self-sabotage, procrastination, self-doubt, etc., the problem is, we’re thinking like amateurs. Amateurs don’t show up. Amateurs crap out. Amateurs let adversity defeat them. The pro thinks differently. He shows up, he does his work, he keeps on truckin’, no matter what.” – Steven Pressfield
12. “Fear keeps us focused on the past or worried about the future. If we can acknowledge our fear, we can realize that right now we are okay. Right now, today, we are still alive, and our bodies are working marvelously. Our eyes can still see the beautiful sky. Our ears can still hear the voices of our loved ones.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
13. “I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. I have nights when I show up at the arena and I’m like, ‘My back hurts, my feet hurt, my knees hurt. I don’t have it. I just want to chill.’ We all have self-doubt. You don’t deny it, but you also don’t capitulate to it. You embrace it.” – Kobe Bryant
14. “Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, and hate leads to suffering.” – Yoda
15. “Doubt is an uncomfortable condition, but certainty is a ridiculous one.” – Voltaire
16. “Each of us must confront our own fears, must come face to face with them. How we handle our fears will determine where we go with the rest of our lives. To experience adventure or to be limited by the fear of it.” – Judy Blume
17. “The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease forever to be able to do it. The reason birds can fly and we can’t is simply that they have perfect faith, for to have faith is to have wings.” – M. Barrie
18. “Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it.” – Bill Cosby
19. “If you don’t have some self-doubts and fears when you pursue a dream, then you haven’t dreamed big enough.” – Joe Vitale
20. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
21. “The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” – Nelson Mandela
22. “A great deal of talent is lost to the world for want of a little courage. Every day sends to their graves obscure men whose timidity prevented them from making the first effort.” – Sydney Smith
23. “He who is not everyday conquering some fear has not learned the secret of life.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
24. “Once you become self-conscious, there is no end to it; once you start to doubt, there is no room for anything else.” – Mignon McLaughlin
25. “I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.” – Frank Herbert
26. “Other people’s opinion of you does not have to become your reality.” – Les Brown
27. “If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” – Marcus Aurelius
28. “It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves.” – Edmund Hillary
29. “The enemy is fear. We think it is hate; but, it is fear.” – Gandhi
30. “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.” – Anais Nin
31. “You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you.” – Eric Hoffer
32. “Don’t live down to expectations. Go out there and do something remarkable.” – Wendy Wasserstein
33. “It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.” – Theodore Roosevelt
34. “I quit being afraid when my first venture failed and the sky didn’t fall down.” – Allen H. Neuharth
35. “Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. The Fearful is caught as often as the bold.” – Helen Keller
36. “When you realize your own insecurity, and you embrace it, it’s such an incredible self-realization, and it’s such an incredible journey.” – Sue Bryce
37. “When a resolute young fellow steps up to the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
38. “If you hear a voice within you say you cannot paint, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.” – Vincent Van Gogh
39. “When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.” – Henry David Thoreau
40. “I’m not afraid of storms, for I’m learning how to sail my ship.” – Louisa May Alcott
41. “Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt.” – William Shakespeare
42. “Where no hope is left, is left no fear.” – Milton
43. “One of the greatest discoveries a man makes, one of his great surprises, is to find he can do what he was afraid he couldn’t do.” – Henry Ford
44. “It’s heart-breaking to see so many people trapped in a web of enforced idleness, deep debt, and gnawing self-doubt.” – William J. Clinton
45. “The fundamental cause of trouble in the world is that the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” – Bertrand Russell
46. “A hero is someone who, in spite of weakness, doubt or not always knowing the answers, goes ahead and overcomes anyway.” – Christopher Reeve
47. “The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” – H. P. Lovecraft
48. “Don’t ever doubt yourselves or waste a second of your life. It’s too short, and you’re too special.” – Ariana Grande
49. “Don’t let the fear of striking out hold you back.” – Babe Ruth
50. “Even a wise man knows doubt from time to time, it is the fool who allows it to rule his judgment.” – Jennifer Hudock
51. “Doubt is a question mark; faith is an exclamation point. The most compelling, believable, realistic stories have included them both.” – Criss Jami
52. “Panic at the thought of doing a thing is a challenge to do it.” – Henry S. Haskins
53. “Fear is a habit; so is self-pity, defeat, anxiety, despair, hopelessness, and resignation. You can eliminate all of these negative habits with two simple resolves: I can!! And I will!!” – Unknown
54. “Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn’t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn’t know that so it goes on flying anyway.” – Mary Kay Ash
55. “Thoughts of doubt and fear are pathways to failure. When you conquer negative attitudes of doubt and fear you conquer failure.” – Bryan Adams
56. “Fears are educated into us, and can if we wish, be educated out.” – Karl Augustus Menninger
57. “Try a thing you haven’t done three times. Once, to get over the fear of doing it. Twice, to learn how to do it. And a third time to figure out whether you like it or not.” – Virgil Thomson
58. “I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” – Nelson Mandela
59. “Fear is the main source of superstition, and one of the main sources of cruelty. To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom.” – Bertrand Russell
60. “Don’t waste life in doubts and fears; spend yourself on the work before you, well assured that the right performance of this hour’s duties will be the best preparation for the hours and ages that will follow it.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
61. “Negative minds full of fear and doubt produce negative lives, which can ultimately destroy your life.” – Joyce Meyer
62. “Thoughts are things; they have tremendous power. Thoughts of doubt and fear are pathways to failure.” – Bryan Adams
63. “First we have to understand what doubts and fears are, how anxiety and doubts and fears come about. They are a psychic disease.” – John Assaraf
64. “Look at your life as an experiment. Make a comprise with all your doubts and fears: For a year or two, do what you can to move toward your ideal scene, in an easy and relaxed manner, in a healthy and positive way. See what happens.” – Mark Allen
65. “I think you’re not a human being unless you have doubts and fears.” – Mike Krzyzewski
66. “Do the things you believe in, in the name of love. And know that, you aren’t alone. We all have doubts and fears.” – Carole King
67. “Imagine you were flowing with energy and confidence, free of doubt and fear.” – Shawn Phillips
Fear and self-doubt will always be a part of who we are and what we do, but conquering them will give us satisfaction and strength to keep on moving forward in our lives, face all the challenges life may throw at us, and believe in ourselves.
Don’t let others tell you what you can’t do. Don’t let the limitations of others limit your vision. If you can remove self-doubt and believe in yourself, you can achieve what you never thought possible.