Although crockpots are known as slow cookers, that doesn’t mean you need to actively spend hours prepping and cooking! With these easy and convenient cookware pieces, you can efficiently get a tasty meal on the table without slaving over a hot stove.
Because our slow cookers are generally used when we’re in a rush or simply can’t be bothered with spending hours cooking, we’ve gathered together some fantastic recipes that only need 10 minutes of your time – or even less – in order to get incredible home-cooked meals ready that the whole family will enjoy.
Simply prep your ingredients and throw them in the slow cooker or Dutch oven, and leave them to stew while you forget about dinner so you can be more productive and get on with the more exciting parts of life…. Your delicious food will be ready when you are.
1. 3-Ingredient Crockpot Chicken Tacos
These delicious chicken tacos take just 3 ingredients and virtually no prep work for a dinner that’s sure to impress even the fussiest mouths. Serve with a range of extras on the table for a meal that’s not only tasty but is also fun-filled and exciting when inspiration is running low.
• 2lb boneless and skinless chicken breasts or thighs
• 1 tbsp taco seasoning
• 1 cup mild salsa
• Grated cheese
• Avocado or guacamole
• Extra salsa
• Sour cream
1. Place chicken in the slow cooker bowl and cover with taco seasoning before covering with salsa.
2. Cook on a low heat for 3-4 hours, or high for 2 hours.
3. Remove chicken and allow to rest for a few minutes before shredding.
4. Pour out the remaining liquid from the slow cooker and mix with the chicken.
5. Serve in tortillas with your choice of extras.
2. Coconut, Beef, and Pumpkin Curry
With fall fast approaching, we love delicious and nutritious meals packed full of seasonal root veggies and wholesome flavors. This creamy curry is inspired by Indian cuisine with a fall twist… Great comfort food that’s surprisingly healthy!
• 1 tbsp peanut oil
• 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh ginger
• 1/3 cup Rogan Josh curry paste (from the store or make it yourself)
• 2.5kg beef chuck steak, cut into 4cm pieces
• Can chopped tomatoes
• 1 cup vegetable stock
• 1 spring fresh curry leaves (plus extra to serve)
• 600g peeled and deseeded pumpkin, cut into 3cm pieces
• 1 tbsp cornflour
• Can coconut cream
• Steamed rice to serve
1. Heat oil in a large pan on high heat and add ginger, cooking for 1 minute.
2. Add curry paste and cook for a further 1 minute.
3. Add the beef and cook for 5 minutes or until well coated with ginger and curry paste.
4. Pour beef and sauce into the slow cooker and add canned tomato, vegetable stock, and curry leaf. Mix, cover, and cook on high for at least 5 hours.
5. Add the pumpkin and cook for a further hour.
6. Mix together the cornflour and 1/3 cup of coconut cream. Add to the slow cooker and cook, uncovered for 10 minutes.
7. Serve with rice and the extra curry leaves.
3. Veggie Lasagne
It’s unlikely when you clicked on our list of the best slow cooker recipes with under 10 minutes of prep that you thought there would be a lasagne on here! But this delicious and super-healthy veggie lasagne really can be easily prepared in under 10 minutes and is totally fuss-free.
• 2 cans Italian tomato sauce
• 9 thick lasagne noodles with wavy edges
• 24oz part-skim ricotta or cottage cheese
• 3-4 cups kale, spinach, or other chopped veggies
• Pesto (to taste)
• 2 cups grated Mozzarella or Provolone cheese
1. Spray crockpot with nonstick cooking spray and spread ½ cup of tomato sauce on the bottom.
2. Break noodles and arrange to cover the bottom of the pot.
3. Cover noodles with 1/3 of ricotta, veggies, pesto, tomato sauce, and cheese.
4. Add another layer of noodles, alternating between noodles and fillings until the slow cooker is filled and ending with noodles on top.
5. Cover the final layer of noodles with a little sauce and extra grated cheese.
6. Cover and cook on high heat for 3 hours, or 5-6 hours on low.
7. Allow the lasagne to sit for at least 1 hour, heat off, before serving with parmesan cheese and fresh parsley.