Thomas Dexter Jakes Sr., also known as T. D. Jakes, is a pastor, author, and filmmaker. Mentioned below are a few inspiring T.D. Jakes quotes that reflect his beliefs and teachings.
He is the chief pastor of The Potter’s House, a non-denominational megachurch based in Dallas, Texas. His church services and sermons are aired on The Potter’s Touch on a number of TV networks.
He is renowned for organizing an annual revival called “MegaFest” (which draws more than 100,000 people), an annual women’s conference called “Woman Thou Art Loosed,” and award-winning gospel music recordings.
His speeches have garnered millions of views on YouTube and also been in used in several motivation compilations.
Here are a few pearls of wisdom from T.D. Jakes’ treasure chest that I’m pleased to share with you.
30 T.D. Jakes Quotes That Will Transform the Way You Think
Motivational T.D. Jakes Quotes That Will Lift Your Spirit
- “Don’t allow your past or present condition to control you. It’s just a process that you’re going through to get you to the next level.”
- “You face your greatest opposition when you’re closet to your biggest miracle.”
- “When you begin to realize that your past does not necessarily dictate the outcome of your future, then you can release the hurt. It is impossible to inhale new air until you exhale the old.”
- “Others can inspire you, but ultimately the only thing that empowers you is what lies within you and learning how to better utilize what you’ve been given.”
- “Once you have the confidence in your instincts, you must never allow other people’s refusal to believe, or their data to refute, what you instinctively know is true.”
- “Big ideas come from forward-thinking people who challenge the norm, think outside the box, and invent the world they see inside rather than submitting to the limitations of current dilemmas.”
- “Be strong enough to stand up again, even after haters make you drop to your knees.”
- “If you can dream it, you can achieve it. The secret to recapturing our dreams is to enjoy the pursuit of the dream, rather than to focus on the outcome.”
T.D. Jakes Quotes on Facing Life’s Challenges
- “When you are a giraffe and you receive criticism from turtles, they are reporting the view from the level they are on.”
- “The art of avoiding extremes is an art that is drawn on the canvas of maturity and painted with the abstract strokes of many experiences.”
- “A setback is a setup for a comeback.”
- “To those of us who often procrastinate on the decision we feel intimidated by lack of education or any area of weakness. I relieve you with this statement: It is not how much you know that arms you with the tools of great decision making, but rather how much you ask. Ask questions.”
- “Sometimes what makes us insecure and vulnerable becomes the fuel we need to be overachievers. The antidote for a snakebite is made from the poison, and the thing that made you go backward is the same force that will push you forward.”
- “Unfortunately, many of us often spend our lives doing what we were trained to do. Some do what they were asked to do. And most of us do what others need us to do. And all the while, we wonder why the feeling of fulfillment eludes us.”
- “There is something down inside of you that knows there is more and it’s roaring to get out.”
- “We are the people that we’ve been waiting for and no one else is coming.”
- “Excellence requires discomfort.”
- “God knows what’s best for you. He knows where you are going and He has a plan to get you there.”
- “Stop watering things that were never meant to grow in your life. Water what works, what good, what’s right. Stop playing around with those dead bones and stuff you can’t fix, it’s over…leave it alone! You’re coming into a season of greatness. If you water what’s alive and divine, you will see harvest like you’ve never seen before.”
- “You cannot embrace destiny if you do not let go of your history.”
- “What you can do is embrace what you have right now and allow it to fill the vacancies of what you didn’t get yesterday.”
Enlightening T.D. Jakes Quotes
- “You can’t be who you’re going to be and who you used to be at the same time.”
- “If you can’t figure out your purpose, figure out your passion. For your passion will lead you right into your purpose.”
- “Never make a permanent decision about a temporary situation.”
- “Silence isn’t golden and it surely doesn’t mean consent, so start practicing the art of communication.”
- “Destiny is not for comfort seekers. Destiny is for the daring and determined who are willing to endure some discomfort, delay gratification, and go where Destiny leads.”
- “Nobody likes hard times, but it’s the unpleasant experiences that are often the catalysts to build the character required for our Destiny.”
- “Too many people want the appearance of winning rather than the practice and hard work that creates a true champion.”
- “Unforgiveness denies the victim the possibility of parole and leaves them stuck in the prison of what was, incarcerating them in their trauma and relinquishing the chance to escape beyond the pain.”
- “When you don’t become fixated on winning the prize or appearing successful, and instead pursue your passions, then you will discover the fulfillment that comes from living by instinct.”
Bishop T.D. Jakes is among the world’s most illustrious thinkers. His beliefs, vision, and instinct egg him on to serve even those located in areas beyond the reach of his church. He strongly believes that it is necessary to meet people where they are in life to help lead them to their destiny.
Internalizing the above T.D. Jakes quotes should help you live a better life with greater clarity in your thought and firmness in your actions.
image source: thedailybeast.com