Taking stunning product photos neither requires any rocket science to know or any secret ingredient you can buy. If you want to capture breathtaking images, you will need to practice a lot but first, you need to have different lenses. Camera lenses are not cheap. It would save a lot to borrow one from film camera lens rentals.
If you know how to capture photos, it’s time to give your photography skill a gentle push to make the image stunning.
This editorial will show you the top 7 tips to take stunning product photos using simple and easy photography gear.
1. Use Proper Lighting: Without proper lighting, your image will lack detail, and you won’t be able to capture the features of the product. So use a professional lighting setup for your product photo.
While using photography, lighting doesn’t make it too harsh because excessive harsh lighting can create sharp shadows and overexpose the bright area. You can use a diffuser to dim the lighting. Product photos always look great on a white background, and without lighting, any white backdrop will look gray.
2. Use A Tripod: Holding your camera still and steady is a great trick to capture clean and clear images with accurate detail of the product. For product photos, the detail is important to showcase all the product features, or the consumer will not get impressed.
Today’s consumer wants to know every significant feature a product can offer to them, and they don’t like to scroll image after image to see every feature. So, using a tripod will help you keep the camera still, and your hands will be free to control other essential things more accurately.
3. Take Inspiration: Another way to improve your product image editing is to take inspiration. And most important is to check out your favorite brands. Following their style and aesthetics would give you a brief direction. Moreover, it also makes sure you are following an excellent standard.
As a result, your product photos would reflect a more remarkable impression to your customer. Thus, it would be easier for you to create compelling product photography. Most of all, you would enjoy the whole process. So, follow your beloved brand and make sure you are on the correct path.
4. Follow Rule of Thirds: Many expert photographers and creators follow the rule of thirds. And it would help if you also used the following technique. It’s an easy process where you divide the image into 9 equal sections. Your goal would be to place your product at one intersection because human eyes naturally go to these points.
Thus, you would get proper attention from your customers. As a result, the conversion of business would be higher than before.
5. Use Simple Props: Whenever you are trying to use a prop, take it simple. You don’t have to get any high-end prop to make your product photo better. Always remember, your main aim is the product. So, don’t overlook the prop. Use simple props which would enlighten your product photo. But, It would not increase the budget of your image. And it would make your product photo effective a lot.
6. Take multiple shots: As your product’s prices go high, they need more photos. Why? Because customers need enough images and details before they decide their mind on your product. Most of all, while taking pictures, make sure you take photos with different angles. It helps you to boost your sales.
As your customers get a good view and detail, you have higher chances of conversion. So, while you take photos, make sure you get different angle photos.
7. Edit Your Product Images: When you take raw product photos, it contains some impurities to use the product clipping path technique. Because it cleans out the background and provides a clear view of your product, your customer can see your products better.
Also, photo retouching would also make your image cleaner and colorful. In case you want to do these tasks by yourself, you have to learn software like Photoshop. But, if you want a professional output, then you should choose professional image editing services.
The Bottom Line
Getting a better product image is not hard. You have to be a bit precise. And make sure you implement the mentioned tips. But remember, you don’t have to get everything at once. You have to start taking your photos. Then make sure you edit your product image.
As a result, you would get improved customer attention and higher sales. So, why are you waiting? Start taking your product photo, add it to your website and social media. It would be a lot beneficial for you.