We all know the power of a good motivational phrase, those that although it sounds corny have the power to change our mood in two seconds.
Above all, when we are going through a phase or situation that represents a challenge for us or that requires greater effort on our part.
For example, when we set the goal of losing weight, it is common that with work and daily obligations we make the mistake of bingeing or skipping our workout.
That is why we want to share with you 21 inspirational weight loss quotes for those days when you feel like you need an extra push.
1. “It has to be hard so you’ll ever never forget”
What this phrase means is that all achievement costs and that is how we generally value things more, when we are aware of the time, sweat, and tears it takes to reach that position.
For example, when you reach your weight loss goal and remember that all those mornings that it took you to get up early to do your exercise routine now make more sense. Friendly reminder, no pain, no gain.
If you need help to reach your goals (lose weight, eat healthily, meditate), we suggest you have a look at FCER to have a healthier life. Health, Mind and Nutritionist experts will help you in your journey!
2. “If you have discipline, drive and determination, nothing is impossible”
Discipline is key in life for whatever goal you want to achieve, whether it be to pass an entrance exam, buy a home, or achieve your weight loss goal.
Just imagine this, it takes your body 21 days to generate a habit, this also applies to exercise and any other habit related to a healthy lifestyle.
At first, it may seem complicated but if you are constant and patient you can certainly achieve it.
3. “If it doesn’t challenge you, it doesn’t change you”
When we talk about weight loss, nutritionists generally recommend a change in eating style in order to achieve balance. We know this can be challenging with the myriad temptations that come your way, but the effort is worth it.
4. “Don’t work out because you hate your body, work out because you love it”
Exercise not only helps us maintain a strong and athletic body, but it is also the perfect ally for us to release endorphins and thereby improve our mood.
That is why the phrase is applicable, if you love your body, exercise, in addition to losing weight, you will have many more benefits to your health.
5. “Strength does not come from what you can do. It comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn’t”
To evolve, we need to get out of our comfort zone, which sometimes implies that we will have to overcome various complications.
If this is the first time you decide to follow a weight loss regimen, do not be discouraged, every change costs and once you see the results in your physical and emotional health you will not regret it.
6. “When you feel like quitting, think about why you started”
Never forget your goals, having a clear goal is a key to those moments when we feel like we are losing our way.
When you feel like you want to give up, think: Why do I want to lose weight? Do I do it for health? Why do I want to feel better about myself?
7. “Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve”
Believe in yourself, in what you are capable of achieving, and if you still doubt; Pretend you believe in yourself and at some point, it will become real. Remember that there is nothing that you cannot achieve with discipline and perseverance.
8. “There are two kinds of pain: the pain of change and the pain of never changing and remaining the same”
Every decision we make has a price or consequence. Going to university has a consequence, not going also has it. Exercising and eating healthy has a consequence, not doing it still has it. When you want to give up your weight loss goal, think about this and decide which consequence you prefer to face.
9. “Comparison is the death of joy”
Celebrate your achievements, enjoy them, and don’t compare yourself to anyone else. If your friend and your sister lost a greater amount of weight in the same range of time that you do not stress, each body is different and everyone has their process, enjoy the trip and thank your body for everything it does for you.
10. “Food is not the problem. It’s what we do with food that becomes the problem. That’s why we need to learn to keep everything in our lives – especially our eating – in proper balance”
Remember food is not your enemy, on the contrary, food nourishes you and gives you the necessary strength to achieve your goals.
The important thing is to find the balance in what we consume.
11. “Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going”
When we feel motivated it is much easier for us to do things and achieve goals, however, motivation is usually a temporary feeling.
This is where the importance of creating habits and having goals comes in. These two elements will keep you on your feet when the urge to exercise goes away and the craving for junk food appears.
12. “Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself”
Respect yourself, self-love sometimes shows itself forcing us to give that little extra. If you want to increase your confidence, keep the promises or challenges that you set for yourself.
For example, if your cell phone alarm sounds, get up, do not think twice in the long run, those actions will make you stronger.
13. “Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude”
Everything is mental! someone with a positive and objective attitude is difficult not to achieve her objectives, you control your mind and not your mind to you. Remember that you make this change out of self-love to improve your health and your lifestyle.
14. “The future depends on what you do today”
Visualize yourself, how you want to see yourself in the coming years, and start working for it. Remember that everything you have won until today is a consequence of your actions.
15. “Who is strong? He that can conquer his bad habits”
In order to fight bad eating habits you first have to decide mentally if it is what you want, remembering why you started with that change is what will keep you strong and on track.
16. “Continuous effort – not strength or intelligence – is the key to unlocking our potential”
We are all capable of reaching our maximum potential, the important thing is to work for it. We do not develop skills or strengths or improve our lifestyle just thinking that we want it, we have to work for it.
17. “Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great”
When you decide to go on a diet, the people around you also matter a lot, you need people to support and motivate you to achieve your weight loss goal. People who love and care about your well-being will support you in this process, even in the most difficult moments.
18. “Do not be embarrassed by your failures, learn from them, and start again”
If at some point you falter and fall into the temptations of junk food and not exercising, don’t beat yourself up – think about what made you make that decision, what feeling you had, and how you can avoid it next time. Use your mistakes to learn from them.
19. “Circumstances are the rulers of the weak; they are but the instruments of the wise”
Perhaps at first, your mind can be blocked with thoughts like “right now I can’t afford a gym”, or “I don’t have enough equipment at home to exercise.” It does not matter, there are always options, you can go running, hiking, among other outdoor activities; Take advantage of what nature gives you and strengthen your body and mind with it.
20. “The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones”
Nobody starts with a new challenge and feels like an expert, the most important thing is to start. If you have never exercised before 15 minutes of walking can be a good start, if you are one of the people who still consume carbonated drinks you can reduce your intake little by little for example: if you took three in a day, then choose to take two and so on. successively.
21. “The journey is the reward”
Enjoy your process and the experiences you live during, achieving your goal is the result of the decisions you make every day.