There are two types of people: those who choose to be happy and those who choose to be unhappy.
Contrary to popular belief, happiness doesn’t come with enormous fortunes, fame or other material possessions. If you want to be happy, look inside you as that is where happiness originates – happiness comes from within!
If you’re one of those people who choose to be happy, then surely you have multiple things to look forward to in life. Here are 60 cute quotes about happiness from distinguished personalities that can serve as little pieces of wisdom to remind you that being content is a choice.
Cute Quotes about Happiness
These quotes will further uplift your mood and inspire you to be happy.
1. “Cheerfulness and contentment are great beautifiers and are famous preservers of youthful looks.” ~ Charles Dickens
2. “A good life is a collection of happy moments.” ~ Denis Waitley
3. “Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life.” ~ Omar Khayyam
4. “Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears.” ~ John Lennon
5. “When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.” ~ Helen Keller
6. “Happiness makes up in height for what it lacks in length.” ~ Robert Frost
7. “Be happy in the moment, that’s enough. Each moment is all we need, not more.” ~ Mother Teresa
8. “The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.” ~ Oprah Winfrey
9. “Be happy, it drives people crazy.” ~ Unknown Author
10. “With mirth and laughter let old wrinkles come.” ~ William Shakespeare
11. “I’ve got nothing to do today but smile.” ~ Paul Simon
12. “If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or objects.” ~ Albert Einstein
13. “It’s the little moments that make life big.” ~ Unknown
14. “We all live with the objective of being happy; our lives are all different and yet the same.” ~ Anne Frank
15. “The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up.” ~ Mark Twain
16. “Happiness is like jam. You can’t spread even a little without getting some on yourself.” ~ Unknown Author
17. “If you want to be happy, be.” ~ Leo Tolstoy
18. “It’s not how much we have, but how much we enjoy that makes happiness.” ~ Charles H. Spurgeon
19. “A happy life is just a string of happy moments. But most people don’t allow the happy moment because they are so busy trying to get a happy life.” ~ Esther Hicks
20. “Life is made of moments. Choose to create and collect the happy ones.” ~ Nataly Kogan
21. “Cherish all your happy moments. They make a fine cushion for old age.” ~ Booth Tarkington
22. “Happiness is a choice. You can choose to be happy. There’s going to be stress in life, but it’s your choice whether you let it affect you or not.” ~ Valerie Bertinelli
23. “Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking.” ~ Marcus Aurelius
24. “Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy.” ~ Anne Frank
25. “Be happy with what you have while working for what you want.” ~ Helen Keller
26. “Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of traveling.” ~ Margaret Lee Runbeck
27. “On the whole, the happiest people seem to be those who have no particular cause for being happy except that they are so.” ~ William R. Inge
28. “Being happy never goes out of style.” ~ Lilly Pulitzer
29. “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if one only remembers to turn on the light.” ~ Harry Potter
30. “A happy heart makes the face cheerful.” ~ Proverbs
31. “The moments of happiness we enjoy take us by surprise. It is not that we seize them, but that they seize us.” ~ Ashley Montagu
32. “It isn’t what you have, or who you are, or where you are, or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about.” ~ Dale Carnegie
33. “Nobody really cares if you’re miserable, so you might as well be happy.” ~ Cynthia Nelms
34. “The secret of happiness is to make others believe that they are the cause of it.” ~ Al Batt
35. “To be happy you must be your own sunshine.” ~ C. E. Jerningham
36. “Happiness is an inside job. Don’t assign anyone else that much power over your life.” ~ Mandy Hale
37. “To keep the heart unwrinkled, to be hopeful, kindly, cheerful, reverent – that is to triumph over old age.” ~ Thomas Bailey Aldrich
38. “Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi
39. “Do what makes you happy, be with who makes you smile, laugh as much as you breathe, and love as long as you live.” ~ Rachel Ann Nunes
40. “Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.” ~ Mother Teresa
41. “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” ~ Dr. Seuss
42. “In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.” ~ Abraham Lincoln
43. “The true secret of happiness lies in taking a genuine interest in all details of daily life.” ~ William Morris
44. “Success is getting what you want; happiness is wanting what you get.” ~ W. P. Kinsella
45. “The habit of being happy enables one to be freed, or largely freed, from the domination of outward conditions.” ~ Robert Louis Emerson
46. “Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim, and end of human existence.” ~ Aristotle
47. “When I was five years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” ~ John Lennon
48. “The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the past better than it was, the present worse than it is, and the future less resolved than it will be.” ~ Marcel Pagnol
49. “The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart.” ~ Hellen Keller
50. “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.” ~ Robert Frost
51. “For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
52. “Now and then it’s good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy.” ~ Guillaume Apollinaire
53. “The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts.” ~ Marcus Aurelius
54. “We tend to forget that happiness doesn’t come as a result of getting something we don’t have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.” ~ Frederick Keonig
55. “I felt once more how simple and frugal a thing is happiness: a glass of wine, a roast chestnut, a wretched little brazier, the sound of the sea. Nothing else.” ~ Nikos Kazantzakis
56. “Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder.” ~ Henry David Thoreau
57. “Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.” ~ The Buddha
58. “Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.” ~ Albert Schweizer
59. “If you want happiness for an hour — take a nap.
If you want happiness for a day — go fishing.
If you want happiness for a year — inherit a fortune.
If you want happiness for a lifetime — help someone else.” ~ Chinese Proverb
60. “The secret of happiness is not in doing what one likes, but in liking what one does.” ~ J.M. Barrie
Happy times are experienced when you look at things in positive light.
These cute happiness quotes will help you value the little joys of life and make you rejoice in your delightful moments. They will inspire you to appreciate the good side of things and teach you to hold on to good times.