Where would you be without your Best Friend Forever (BFF)? Everyone knows the value of a friend who comes running even before he or she is called.
Irrespective of whether you’re a business leader or a young adult fresh out of college, a true friend is a need for one and all.
40 Friendship Quotes
Reflect on my list of inspirational friendship quotes from some of the world’s greatest people. They will help you remember to love, value and appreciate your friends every day.
1. “The difficulty is not that great to die for a friend, the hard part is finding a friend worth dying for.” ~ Henry Home
2. “A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.” ~ Walter Winchell
3. “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, ‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one.” ~ C.S. Lewis
4. “True friendship comes when the silence between two people is comfortable.” ~ David Tyson
5. “You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you.” ~ Dale Carnegie
6. “I don’t need a friend who changes when I change and who nods when I nod; my shadow does that much better.” ~ Plutarch
7. “Ultimately the bond of all companionship, whether in marriage or in friendship, is conversation.” ~ Oscar Wide
8. “In everyone’s life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.” ~ Albert Schweitzer
9. “Anybody can sympathize with the sufferings of a friend, but it requires a very fine nature to sympathize with a friend’s success.” ~ Oscar Wilde
10. “One measure of friendship consists not in the number of things friends can discuss, but in the number of things they need no longer mention.” ~ Clifton Fadiman
11. “If you go looking for a friend, you’re going to find they’re very scarce. If you go out to be a friend, you’ll find them everywhere.” ~ Zig Ziglar
12. “The only way to have a friend is to be one.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
13. “Things are never quite as scary when you’ve got a best friend.” ~ Bill Watterson
14. “My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me.” ~ Henry Ford
15. “The biggest ingredient in a best friend is someone whose actions you respect and who you can truly be yourself around.” ~ Renee Olstead
16. “A good friend is like four-leaf clover; hard to find and lucky to have.” ~ Irish proverb
17. “Walking with a friend in the dark, is better than walking alone in the light.” ~ Helen Keller
18. “Friendship marks a life even more deeply than love. Love risks degenerating into obsession, friendship is never anything but sharing.” ~ Elie Wiesel
19. “Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It’s not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.” ~ Muhammad Ali
20. “A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.” ~ William Shakespeare
21. “In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.” ~ Martin Luther King Jr.
22. “Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.” ~ Oprah Winfrey
23. “Friendship is delicate as a glass, once broken it can be fixed but there will always be cracks.” ~ Waqar Ahmed
24. “Be slow to fall into friendship, but when you are in, continue firm and constant.” ~ Socrates
25. “True friends are like diamonds — bright, beautiful, valuable, and always in style.” ~ Nicole Richie
26. “A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself — and specially to feel, or not feel. Whatever you happen to be feeling at any moment is fine with them. That’s what real love amounts to – letting a person be what he really is.” ~ Jim Morrison
27. “The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart.” ~ Elizabeth Foley
28. “A friend is someone who makes it easy to believe in yourself.” ~ Heidi Wills
29. “A true friend is someone who will always love you — the imperfect, the confused, the wrong you — because that is what people are supposed to do.” ~ R.J.L.
30. “Friends are medicine for a wounded heart, and vitamins for a hopeful soul.” ~ Steve Maraboli
31. “A single rose can be my garden… a single friend, my world.” ~ Leo Buscaglia
32. “Don’t make friends who are comfortable to be with. Make friends who will force you to lever yourself up.” ~ Thomas J. Watson
33. “A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down.” ~ Arnold H. Glasgow
34. “One’s friends are that part of the human race with which one can be human.” ~ George Santayana
35. “A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked.” ~ Bernard Meltzer
36. “No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow.” ~ Alice Walker
37. “Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the world together.” ~ Woodrow T. Wilson
38. “Friends are those rare people who ask how we are and then wait to hear the answer.” ~ Ed Cunningham
39. “A good friend can tell you what is the matter with you in a minute. He may not seem such a good friend after telling.” ~ Arthur Brisbane
40. “Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.” ~ Anais Nin
Friendship is literally a relation of mutual affection. No one forces you to enter it and nothing can take you out of it if you don’t intend to.
Relish the bond that not only makes you a better person but also makes life worth living.