Birthdays only come once a year.
And as a good friend, you can’t let your friend’s birthday go by without giving them a heartfelt and inspiring birthday wish and message that could make their day really memorable.
You simply can forget about cakes and gifts, but a genuine and sincere greeting can instantly make their special day the happiest.
Best Happy Birthday Wishes and Messages for Your Friend
1. As friends go, you’re not one of the best. You’re THE best! May this year’s birthday be the best ever for you.
2. Happy birthday to my best friend, who is better than the best of the best! May your special day be better than the best you’ve ever celebrated.
3. For your special day, I tried to find the right words to show you how I feel about our friendship. I could only think of one: amazing. To me, you’re an amazing friend, more special than anyone I’ve ever known. Happy birthday!
4. Happy, happy birthday to my amazing friend and an even more amazing individual!
5. May every moment of your life be as wonderful as our friendship!
6. Wishing you, my buddy, an unforgettable day of joy, an amazing year of bliss and a lifetime of happiness!
7. Happy birthday, my BFF! Today is all about you, so let’s make it all about the things that make you happy.
8. My friend, I hope you have a glorious morning, a beautiful day and an exhilarating night on your birthday!
9. Congrats on your birthday! May it bring you all the joy, laughter and love you wish for!
10. On your special day, may everything you want in life beat a path right to your door!
11. Happy birthday, pal! Let this special day bring you years upon years of happiness, health, and prosperity.
12. I only have the warmest birthday greetings to a friend who has always had my back through thick and thin! May you enjoy the amazing things life brings BFFs like you.
13. Good friends don’t let friends like you have a terrible birthday. Best friends make sure friends like you have the best birthday ever. It’s an honor and privilege to be your best friend. Happy birthday, BFF! Now, let’s party!
14. It’s wonderful to have you in my world! Friends like you are as rare as a warm, sunny day in February. You’re truly one of a kind. Happy birthday, my dearest friend!
15. With a friend like you, each and every day is a celebration. Your birthday, for me, is even a bigger celebration, perhaps the biggest of the year (after mine, of course). Happy birthday, BFF!
16. A great friend once said to me, “No matter where you are, you might as well enjoy yourself.” That friend was (and still is) you. Today, I’m where I want to be — with you — enjoying every moment of your special day. Happy birthday, pal!
17. I have only one wish for a friend like you: may all your birthday wishes come true, adding up to 24 birthday hours of joy, wonder, warmth, hope, wisdom and, most of all, love.
18. When I stumbled upon you, my “stumbling through the dark” days were over — all because you cared enough to light the way to a wonderful friendship. Happy birthday, BFF!
19. May you celebrate your birthday with as many good friends as it takes to get it right, get through it and/or get what you want. You can definitely count me as one of them. Now, let’s party!
20. To me, you’re a friend with benefits — the ones that really matter, like loyalty, support, trust, respect, kindness, honesty and, of course, free Candy Crush lives. Happy birthday, buddy!
21. You support me, listen to me, appreciate me, respect me, advise me, amuse me, cry with me and, most importantly, let me be your friend… so I can do all these things and more for you. Happy birthday, BFF!
22. My dear, dear friend, you have always been there for me. You and I redefine what friendship means. Happy birthday!
23. We will be close friends our entire lives — you can bet your fortune on it. That’s how sure I am that we will always be able to go through thick and thin together (and I’m not talking about dieting). Happy birthday!
24. Happy birthday! As long as you have me as a friend, you’ll never have to worry about going it alone. You’ll always have my shoulder to lean on, my ears to hear what ails you and all my heart to get you back on the right track.
25. Happy birthday to a friend who has always been there for me. From the corniest recesses of my mind, I just want to say, “Thank you for being my BFF.”
26. The world may be crazy, but not us. Things may change, but not us. People may take each other for granted, but not us. That’s because we’re the best of friends. From one BFF to another, have a great birthday!
27. Your birthday, like our friendship, should be a celebration of everything good and plenty (like every piece of your birthday cake and every bite of your birthday ice cream).
28. I wouldn’t be anywhere else but here with you on your birthday. In fact, I wouldn’t be anywhere else the rest of the year. You’re a great company. Happy birthday to my everyday friend.
29. I know I always say I’m incredibly fortunate to have a friend like you, but I can’t say it enough, especially on your birthday. You’re purely (and impurely) a wonderful pal. Happy birthday!
30. I hope we can enjoy every aspect of our amazing friendship for many, many, many more birthdays in the future.
31. With a friend like you, every day of the year we spend together is a celebration. Just imagine how much more of a celebration your special day will be. I’m talking EPIC! Let’s start your party right now.
32. To merely say that I’m grateful to have you as my friend would be the understatement of the century. I’m not just grateful — I’m mystified, electrified, stupefied, maximized and solidified to count you among my friends. Happy birthday!
33. Happy birthday to a special person: you! When all my fair-weather friends are nowhere to be seen during the stormy times of my life, you throw me a life preserver to keep me afloat. That makes you either crazy or a great friend. You’re probably both!
34. It seems like only yesterday when we met each other and instantly became friends, yet it was years ago. Happy birthday to one of my, if I dare say, oldest friends (with the youngest outlook on life anywhere).
35. Money can’t buy you friendship. Friendship is free… if you can find it in your heart. I’ve found it with you. Happy birthday, pal.
36. You are a gift that has come into my life. Now every day I get to enjoy the greatest gift of all. Our friendship. Happy birthday!
37. Fair-weather friends are a dime a dozen. As a friend, you’re priceless! I wouldn’t trade you for all the diamonds, pearls, gems, sapphires and rubies in the world. Have an incredibly happy birthday!
38. I know what makes a good friend. It’s so obvious. It’s whatever you do. Happy birthday to my best friend forever and a day!
Best Happy Birthday Quotes for Your Friend
39. “May the moments of today become fond memories for tomorrow. Happy Birthday.” — Rob Jackson
40. “How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?” — Satchel Paige
41. “A birthday is just another day where you go to work and people give you love. Age is just a state of mind, and you are as old as you think you are. You have to count your blessings and be happy.” — Abhishek Bachchan
42. “In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.” — Abraham Lincoln
43. “Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears.” — John Lennon
44. “Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.” — Mark Twain
45. “Be happy in the moment, that’s enough. Each moment is all we need, not more.” — Mother Teresa
46. “There are two great days in a person’s life – the day we are born and the day we discover why.” — William Barclay
47. “Your birthday reminds me of the old Chinese scholar… Yung No Mo.” — Dana Rosemary Scallon
48. “Happy birthday greetings and warmest wishes, too May today, tomorrow, everyday Be truly happy for you.” — Margaret Brown
49. “Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, but beautiful old people are works of art.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
50. “The greatest gift that you can give to others is the gift of unconditional love and acceptance.” — Brian Tracy
51. “Live your life with arms wide open. Today is where your book begins. The rest is still unwritten.” — Natasha Bedingfield
52. “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West
53. “Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!” — Dr. Seuss
54. “Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.” — Chili Davis
55. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” — C. S. Lewis
56. “There was a star danced, and under that was I born.” — William Shakespeare
57. “The golden age is before us, not behind us.” — William Shakespeare
58. “We turn not older with years but newer every day.” — Emily Dickinson
59. “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.” — A. A. Milne
60. “May you live all the days of your life.” — Jonathan Swift
61. “All the world is birthday cake, so take a piece, but not too much.” — George Harrison
62. “The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.” — Oprah Winfrey
63. “A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.” — John Barrymore
64. “Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been.” — Mark Twain
65. “Whatever with the past has gone, the best is always yet to come.” — Lucy Larcom
66. “With mirth and laughter let old wrinkles come.” — William Shakespeare
67. “To me, fair friend, you never can be old, for as you were when first your eye I ey’d, Such seems your beauty still.” — William Shakespeare
68. “A diplomat is a man who always remembers a woman’s birthday but never remembers her age.” — Robert Frost
69. “You’re only young once, but you can be immature forever.” — Germaine Greer
70. “A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life.” — Muhammad Ali
71. “So mayst thou live, dear! Many years, in all the bliss that life endears.” — Thomas Hood
72. “Age is whatever you think it is. You are as old as you think you are.” — Muhammad Ali
73. “Every age can be enchanting, provided you live within it.” — Brigitte Bardot
74. “Nobody grows old merely by living a number of years. We grow old by deserting our ideals. Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul.” – Samuel Ullman
75. “You know you’re getting old when the candles cost more than the cake.” — Bob Hope
76. “In the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.” — Paul McCartney
77. “We’re sending you best wishes
And hope your day goes well
And that you’ll find some memories
With stories you can tell
Of how you had a marvelous time
And those around you too
With fun and lots of laughter
And all this just for you.
Have a Very Happy Birthday!” — Janet Horne
78. “The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.” — Lucille Ball
Make your friends feel how blessed you are for having them and how thankful you are for all those memorable time and moments with them by giving them the best wishes and messages on their very special day.
These birthday wishes, quotes, and messages can add more sentiment and perhaps a funny twist to your greetings, but always remember that the best greeting always comes from the heart.