Life is not entirely a bed of roses. There are times when nothing seems to go right.
Whether you are dealing with an issue at home, missing a close friend or have been reprimanded at work, a bad day ruins your state of mind. You will feel like you’re trapped in quicksand with no way to save yourself. It is, therefore, vital to have a little inspiration handy.
36 Positive Quotes
If you are low, it is time to indulge in some encouraging words of inspiration. Here are 36 positive quotes that will give you strength and get you going.
1. “Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them.” ~ Marcus Aurelius
2. “The true measure of success is how many times you can bounce back from failure.” ~ Stephen Richards
3. “The best way to cheer yourself is to try to cheer someone else up.” ~ Mark Twain
4. “For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
5. “The greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances.” ~ Martha Washington
6. “You can’t be happy unless you’re unhappy sometimes.” ~ Lauren Oliver
7. “Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever.” ~ Lance Armstrong
8. “Tough times never last, but tough people do.” ~ Robert H. Schuller
9. “When you connect to the silence within you, that is when you can make sense of the disturbance going on around you.” ~ Stephen Richards
10. “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” ~ Oprah Winfrey
11. “Take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” ~ Martin Luther King
12. “The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.” ~ Walter Bagehot
13. “Happiness is an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong. The amount of work is the same.” ~ Francesca Reigler
14. “The only time you fail is when you fall down and stay down.” ~ Stephen Richards
15. “Watch the sunrise at least once a year, put a lot of marshmallows in your hot chocolate, lie on your back and look at the stars, never buy a coffee table you can’t put your feet on, never pass up a chance to jump on a trampoline, don’t overlook life’s small joys while searching for the big ones.” ~ H. Jackson Brown Jr.
16. “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” ~ Dr. Seuss
17. “Don’t waste a minute not being happy. If one window closes, run to the next window or break down the door.” ~ Brooke Shields
18. “When you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven’t.” ~ Thomas Edison
19. “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.” ~ Alice Walker
20. “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.” ~ Henry David Thoreau
21. “Fall seven times and stand up eight.” ~ Japanese Proverb
22. “Happiness is not something ready-made. It comes from your own actions.” ~ The Dalai Lama
23. “Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.” ~ Les Brown
24. “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I’ll try again tomorrow.” ~ Mary Anne Radmacher
25. “You shouldn’t focus on why you can’t do something, which is what most people do. You should focus on why perhaps you can, and be one of the exceptions.” ~ Steve Case
26. “In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing. The next best thing is the wrong thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing.” ~ Theodore Roosevelt
27. “When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.” ~ Harriet Beecher Stowe
28. “Someday everything will make perfect sense. So, for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason.” ~ Unknown Author
29. “You make mistakes. Mistakes don’t make you.” ~ Maxwell Maltz
30. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” ~ Dale Carnegie
31. “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” ~ Thomas Edison
32. “It’s just a bad day. Not a bad life.” ~ Unknown Author
33. “You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.” ~ Maya Angelou
34. “Things don’t go wrong and break your heart so you can become bitter and give up. They happen to break you down and build you up so you can be all that you were intended to be.” ~ Samuel Johnson
35. “When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.” ~ Franklin D. Roosevelt
36. “When things are bad, we take comfort in the thought that they could always get worse. And when they are, we find hope in the thought that things are so bad they have to get better.” ~ Malcolm S. Forbes
Life is full of ups and downs. Regardless of the cause, bad days leave you feeling miserable and restless. When life gets tricky, it is comforting to know that there are ways to bring the smiles back.
These positive quotes from prominent personalities will change your outlook on a bad day and take some heaviness off your chest.