So, you have been waiting for an opportunity to express your love to that special someone?
Popping out those three magical words isn’t easy; sometimes, it could take you years to passionately express your love and bare your heart to that special someone.
Moreover, merely saying ‘I love you’ might prove insufficient to share the world of emotions you feel for him/her.
Romantic Quotes to Help You Say, ‘I Love You’
Here are 40 romantic quotes that will inspire you to utter the three wonderful words while you are with your sweetheart.
1. “If I had a flower for every time I thought of you… I could walk through my garden forever.” – Alfred Lord Tennyson
2. “You are, and always have been, my dream.” – Nicholas Sparks (Novel: The Notebook)
3. “Take my hand, take my whole life too. For I can’t help falling in love with you.” – Elvis Presley (Song: Can’t Help Falling in Love)
4. “You will never age for me, nor fade, nor die.” – Marc Norman (Screenplay Book: Shakespeare in Love)
5. “I love you also means I love you more than anyone loves you, or has loved you, or will love you, and also, I love you in a way that no one loves you, or has loved you, or will love you, and also, I love you in a way that I love no one else, and never have loved anyone else, and never will love anyone else.” – Jonathan Safran Foer
6. “You are the finest, loveliest, tenderest, and most beautiful person I have ever known and even that is an understatement.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
7. “There’s always that one person, that will always have your heart. That one person for me is you.” – Usher Raymond IV
8. “You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope…I have loved none but you.” – Jane Austen (Novel: Persuasion)
9. “I’m in love with you, and I’m not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things. I’m in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we’re all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we’ll ever have, and I am in love with you.” – John Green (Novel: The Fault In Our Stars)
10. “I love you, and I will love you until I die, and if there is life after that, I’ll love you then.” – Cassandra Clare (Novel: City of Glass)
11. “I’m here. I love you. I don’t care if you need to stay up crying all night long, I will stay with you. There’s nothing you can ever do to lose my love. I will protect you until you die, and after your death I will still protect you. I am stronger than Depression and I am braver than Loneliness and nothing will ever exhaust me.” – Elizabeth Gilbert (Memoir: Eat, Pray, Love)
12. “So, I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you.” – Paulo Coelho (Novel: The Alchemist)
13. “In vain have I struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.” – Jane Austen (Novel: Pride and Prejudice)
14. “Morning without you is a dwindled dawn.” – Emily Dickinson
15. “I love you not because of who you are, but because of who I am when I am with you.” – Roy Croft
16. “I love you. I am who I am because of you. You are every reason, every hope, and every dream I’ve ever had, and no matter what happens to us in the future, every day we are together is the greatest day of my life. I will always be yours.” – Nicholas Sparks (Novel: The Notebook)
17. “You are my best friend, my human diary, and my other half. You mean the world to me and I love you.” – Unknown
18. “Cause all of me
Loves all of you
Love your curves and all your edges
All your perfect imperfections
Give your all to me
I’ll give my all to you
You’re my end and my beginning.
Even when I lose I’m winning.” – John Legend (Song: All of Me)
19. “I love you and I don’t want to lose you. Because my life has been better since the day I found out.” – Unknown
20. “I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride; so I love you because I know no other way.” – Pablo Neruda
21. “I love you, with no beginning, no end. I love you as you have become an extra necessary organ in my body. I love you as only a girl could love a boy. Without fear. Without expectations. Wanting nothing in return, except that you allow me to keep you here in my heart, that I may always know your strength, your eyes, and your spirit that gave me freedom and let me fly.” – Coco J. Ginger
22. “I love you so, but why I love you, I’ll never know.” – Jay Z (Song: Why I Love You)
23. “I love you. I am at rest with you. I have come home.” – Dorothy L. Sayers
24. “Loved you yesterday, love you still, always have, always will.” – Unknown
25. “Yours is the first face that I saw
I think I was blind before I met you
Now I don’t know where I am
I don’t know where I’ve been
But I know where I want to go.” – Bright Eyes (Song: First Day of My Life)
26. “You are the answer to every prayer I’ve offered. You are a song, a dream, a whisper, and I don’t know how I could have lived without you for as long as I have.” – Nicholas Sparks (Novel: The Notebook)
27. “But I love you, I’m totally and completely in love with you and I don’t care if you think it’s too late. I’m telling you anyway.” – Emma (Natalie Portman) (Movie: No Strings Attached)
28. “You have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love … I love … I love you. I never wish to be parted from you from this day on.” – Jane Austen (Novel: Pride and Prejudice)
29. “For you see, each day I love you more, today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow.” – Rosemonde Gerard
30. “When I saw you, I was afraid to meet you. When I met you I was afraid to kiss you. When I kissed you, I was afraid to love you. Now that I love you, I am afraid to lose you.” – Unknown
31. “The hours I spend with you I look upon as sort of a perfumed garden, a dim twilight, and a fountain singing to it. You and you alone make me feel that I am alive. Other men, it is said have seen angels, but I have seen thee and thou art enough.” – George Moore
32. “I love you for all that you are, all that you have been, and all you’re yet to be.” – Unknown
33. “I have died every day waiting for you
Darling, don’t be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I’ll love you for a thousand more.” – Christina Perri (Song: A Thousand Years)
34. “Ask me to define my love for you and I’ll say it’s captured in every beautiful memory of our past, detailed out in vivid visions of our dreams and future plans, but most of all it’s right now, in the moment where everything I’ve ever wanted in my life is standing right in front of me.” – Leo Christopher
35. “You have a place in my heart no one else could have.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
36. “Whenever I’m alone with you
You make me feel like I am home again.
Whenever I’m alone with you
You make me feel like I am whole again.” – The Cure (Lovesong)
37. “You have me. Until every last star in the galaxy dies. You have me.” – Amie Kaufman
38. “I have nothing special to offer except my capacity to love you.” – A. R. Asher
39. “The first time I saw you, my heart whispered, ‘That’s the one.’” – Unknown
40. “When all my dreams come true, the one I want next to me – it’s you.” – Lucas Scott (Chad Michael Murray) (American television series: One Tree Hill)
Professing your passionate feelings to your beloved can make you nervous and leave you tongue-tied.
The aforementioned quotes will get the romantic words flowing and will enable you to celebrate your love with the most important person in your life.