Have you ever been in a situation where almost everyone around you is convinced that your relationship is doomed to fail compared to other forms of relationship? That’s actually one of the most prevalent thinking for people engaged in a long-distance relationship.
But the thing is even if the majority says that long-distance relationship won’t work, only less than half of them fail.
So, how do you stay strong even in the face of absence? It’s simple. Communication is one of the best keys to making it work. Keep your communication lines open with each other, even if you are miles apart, you can still talk and share moments.
Don’t know where to start or what to say? Don’t worry, these thinking of you quotes have got you covered.
40 Romantic Thinking of You Quotes
1. “No matter where I am, no matter where I go, your heart is my northern light; I will always find my way home.” – Michael Kilby
2. “I can bear the distance but cannot imagine a life without you. For you, I will go through the distance and the heartaches. You are my one and only.” – Montana Lee
3. “When we’re together or when we’re apart, you’re first in my thoughts and first in my heart.” – Unknown
4. “Love is missing someone whenever you’re apart, but somehow feeling warm inside because you’re close in heart.” – Kay Knudsen
5. “The distance may be far and wide but my heart can cover them all. The space between us is so much more but you should know that I love you so!” – Linda Roy
6. “In true love, the smallest distance is too great, and the greatest distance can be bridged.” – Hands Nouwens
7. “No matter how many years pass, how much distance exists between us, wherever we are in the world – even if the universe itself tries to keep us separated – I will always find my way to you.” – Anon
8. “I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.” – Mother Teresa
9. “Missing someone gets easier every day because even though you are one day further from the last time you saw them, you are one day closer to the next time you will.” – Unknown
10. “I carry your heart with me (I carry it in my heart)” – E.E. Cummings
11. “Distance makes the heart grow fonder.” – Thomas Haynes Bayly
12. “Your absence has not taught me how to be alone; it merely has shown that when together we cast a single shadow on the wall.” – Doug Fetherling
13. “I have once made you a promise, in life or death, I will always hold on tightly to your hand, accompanying you till our hair grow white, together forever and ever.” – Chinese poem
14. “I can’t text you roses, or fax you my heart. I’d email you kisses, but we’d still be apart. I love you to pieces, and just wish you’d see that I care for you so much because you mean the world to me.” – Mahmoud El Hallab
15. “Blow ‘o wind to where my loved one is. Touch him and come touch me soon. I’ll feel his gentle touch through you and meet his beauty in the moon. These things are much for the one who loves. One can live by them alone: that he and I breathe the same air and that the earth we tread is one.” – Ramayana
16. “Distance is temporary, but our love is permanent. This may be the last time I see you, but if you keep me in your heart, together we shall be eternal; if you believe, we shall never part.” – Ben Harper
17. “When I don’t see you, I don’t miss you, I just place my hand over my heart and it’s there I will find you because even though you are out of my sight, you will never be out of my heart.” – Rashida Rowe
18. “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.” – Helen Keller
19. “I’ll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms.” – Elvis Presley
20. “True love doesn’t mean being inseparable; it means being separated and nothing changes.” – Unknown
21. “I fell in love with her when we were together, then fell deeper in love in the years we were apart.” – Nicholas Sparks, Dear John
22. “Thinking of you is easy – I do it every day. Missing you is the heartache that never goes away.” – Michael Pryce
23. “Distance never separates two hearts that really care, for our memories span the miles and in seconds we are there. But whenever I start feeling sad, because I miss you, I remind myself how lucky I am to have someone so special to miss.” – Unknown
24. “I think about you constantly, whether it’s with my mind or my heart.” – Terri Guillemets
25. “Tonight, here without you I realize how much you mean to me and how much I need you. When I look at the stars, I think about you and I am happy that we are under the same.” – Unknown
26. “New York or London, no matter where I’ve been, the one thing that helps me get through is thinking about you.” – Andrew Allen
27. “When you feel alone, just look at the spaces between your fingers, remember that in those spaces you can see my fingers locked with yours forever.” – Unknown
28. “If the days won’t allow us to see each other, memories will, and if my eyes can’t see you, my heart will never forget you.” – Unknown
29. “Though space restraints us from being together, but one thing I am sure of, there are no spaces in my heart that restrain me from loving you.” – Unknown
30. “Forget the miles, forget them. You’ll be there and I’ll be here, and it’ll just be long distance. And that’ll be okay because quite frankly I’m crazy about you.” – Going the Distance
31. “The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again.” – Charles Dickens, Nicholas Nickleby
32. “Long-distance relationships are proof that love is not just physical. I can feel you next to me even when you’re thousands of miles away.” – Unknown
33. “I don’t cry because we’ve been separated by distance, and for a matter of years. Why? Because for as long as we share the same sky and breathe the same air, we’re still together.” – Donna Lynn Hope
34. “The few hours I spend with you are worth the thousand hours I spend without you.” – Unknown
35. “I love no one but you, I have discovered, but you are far away and I am here alone. Then this is my life and maybe, however unlikely, I’ll find my way back there. Or maybe, one day, I’ll settle for second best. And on that same day, hell will freeze over, the sun will burn out and the stars will fall from the sky.” – Lemony Snicket
36. “I believe in the immeasurable power of love; that true love can endure any circumstance and reach across any distance.” – Steve Maraboli
37. “I found that I missed him the more he was absent from my life, and the more I missed him, the more I loved him.” – Donna Lynn Hope
38. “When two hearts are meant for each other, no distance is too far, no time too long and no other love can break them apart.” – Anon
39. “The one good thing about not seeing you is that I can write you letters.” – Svetlana Alliluyeva
40. “It’s not the time we are away, not the miles we are apart. It’s a strong love that we have and the fact that we’re always in each other’s hearts.” – Anon
You can use these thinking of you quotes as your status and tell the rest of the world how often you think of your other half or you can send these words to him or her, or write it on a card along with a gift.
You can even use them as inspiration for you to write down your own thoughts for your love. Hopefully, these quotes have helped you show how much you love your long-distance relationship partner.