Breaking up with someone you have loved for so long is never easy, especially when you have accumulated years of fond memories with him.
When going through a heart-wrenching phase, you can feel like you will never be your normal self again.
Fortunately, a shot of optimism can help you make it through the heartbreak. A few comforting and insightful words can go a long way in healing your wounds and making you feel better.
Inspirational Quotes for Women
Here are 48 stirring quotes that will help you get over your terrible break-up and move on.
1. “He loved me. He loved me, but he doesn’t love me anymore, and it’s not the end of the world.” – Jennifer Weiner
2. “I don’t understand, why do I stress the man, when there are so many bigger things at hand?” – Amy Winehouse
3. “No matter how hard your heart is broken, the world doesn’t stop for your grief.” – Faraaz Kazi
4. “I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they’re right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.” – Marilyn Monroe
5. “Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option.” – Mark Twain
6. “Love will come to you when it’s ready, not necessarily when you are.” – Danielle Shorr
7. “If you really love something set it free. If it comes back it’s yours, if not it wasn’t meant to be.” – Unknown
8. “You left and the world didn’t crumble. I owe the universe a dollar.” – Rudy Francisco
9. “The emotion that can break your heart is sometimes the very one that heals it…” – Nicholas Sparks
10. “I have lost and loved and won and cried myself to the person I am today.” – Charlotte Eriksson
11. “Think about any attachments that are depleting your emotional reserves. Consider letting them go.” – Oprah Winfrey
12. “I’m going to smile and make you think I’m happy, I’m going to laugh, so you don’t see me cry, I’m going to let you go in style, and even if it kills me – I’m going to smile.” – Lonestar (Song)
13. “If your love does not work with that person, it just means that someone else loves you more.” – Unknown
14. “At the time… I just wanted to crawl in my bed and die. But I got out of it the other side, I’m surviving. I kind of saw the light at the end of the tunnel.” – Rita Ora
15. “Let go. Why do you cling to pain? There is nothing you can do about the wrongs of yesterday. It is not yours to judge. Why hold on to the very thing which keeps you from hope and love?” – Leo Buscaglia
16. “The past can’t hurt you anymore, not unless you let it.” – Alan Moore
17. “Sometimes the only way the good Lord can get into some hearts is to break them.” – Fulton J. Sheen
18. “I know my heart will never be the same but I’m telling myself I’ll be okay.” – Sara Evans
19. “However awful the storm of my disappointment, it’s a response that belongs to me. It’s my heart after all. My territory, my kingdom. And since I’m the only one with the authority to surrender it, I can also take it back.” – Helen Oyeyemi
20. “Count the garden by the flowers, never by the leaves that fall. Count your life with smiles and not the tears that roll.” – Unknown
21. “There is no remedy for love but to love more.” – Henry David Thoreau
22. “There is something beautiful about all scars of whatever nature. A scar means the hurt is over, the wound is closed and healed, done with.” – Harry Crews
23. “A broken heart is just the growing pains necessary so that you can love more completely when the real thing comes along.” – J.S.B. Morse, Now and at the Hour of Our Death (Book)
24. “There are things that we don’t want to happen but have to accept, things we don’t want to know but have to learn, and people we can’t live without but have to let go.” – Nancy Stephan
25. “When love is lost, do not bow your head in sadness; instead keep your head up high and gaze into heaven for that is where your broken heart has been sent to heal.” – Unknown
26. “Only time can heal your broken heart, just as only time can heal his broken arms and legs.” – Miss Piggy, The Muppet Show (Comedy series)
27. “I’m not sure what the future holds but I do know that I’m going to be positive and not wake up feeling desperate. As my dad said ‘Nic, it is what it is, it’s not what it should have been, not what it could have been, it is what it is.’” – Nicole Kidman
28. “I thought when love for you died, I should die. It’s dead. Alone, most strangely, I live on.” – Rupert Brooke
29. “It is a curious sensation: the sort of pain that goes mercifully beyond our powers of feeling. When your heart is broken, your boats are burned: nothing matters anymore. It is the end of happiness and the beginning of peace.” – George Bernard Shaw
30. “Let your tears come. Let them water your soul.” – Eileen Mayhew
31. “My desire to live is as intense as ever, and though my heart is broken, hearts are made to be broken: that is why God sends sorrow into the world.” – Oscar Wilde
32. “Instead of wiping away your tears, you should wipe away the people who made you cry.” – Unknown
33. “You’re gonna fall in love so many times before you’ll find the one you’ll be with forever. So think of it this way, you’re just one broken heart closer to happily ever after.” – Mrs. Theresa Russo, Wizards of Waverly Place (Teen Sitcom)
34. “Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.” – Kathleen Casey
35. “It ended in a way that was awful. When something ends in a way like that, it’s important if you can, go back and revisit it and either shut that door or create a new room. So it was a very healthy, cathartic experience.” – Sienna Miller
36. “People come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime. When you figure out which it is, you know exactly what to do.” – Unknown
37. “Goodness, it was a bad relationship. It was an embarrassing break-up. I have learned is that a bad love experience is no reason to fear a new love experience.” – Anna Hathaway
38. “When someone leaves, it’s because someone else is about to arrive.” – Paulo Coelho, The Zahir (Novel)
39. “I was never one to patiently pick up broken fragments and glue them together again and tell myself that the mended whole was as good as new. What is broken is broken, and I’d rather remember it as it was at its best than mend it and see the broken pieces as long as I lived.” – Margaret Mitchell
40. “Love is never lost. If not reciprocated, it will flow back and soften and purify the heart.” – Washington Irving
41. “There is nothing more beautiful than a person whose heart has been broken, but still believes in love.” – Unknown
42. “Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.” – Deborah Reber
43. “You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself ‘I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.’ You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
44. “Every one of us is losing something precious to us. Lost opportunities, lost possibilities, feelings we can never get back again. That’s part of what it means to be alive.” – Haruki Murakami, Kafka on the Shore (Novel)
45. “Am I lonely? Yes. Am I upset? Yes. Am I confused? Yes. Do I have my days when I’ve thrown a little pity party for myself? Absolutely. But I’m also doing really well. I’d be a robot if I said I didn’t feel moments of anger, of hurt, of embarrassment… (but) You joke and say, ‘What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.’” – Jennifer Aniston
46. “You can’t start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one.” – Unknown
47. “Just because a relationship ends, it doesn’t mean it’s not worth having.” – Sarah Mlynowski
48. “Get up, dress up, show up, and never give up.” – Genevieve Rhode
It can be extremely challenging to find peace in your heart and move on after a painful heartbreak.
The above-mentioned inspirational quotes will offer you the necessary reassurance to remind you that life goes on even after a bad break-up.
So, rejoice it in the best way possible!