Life can be rough at times. Sometimes you’re on top of the world, and it feels like all the pieces of your life are finally falling in to place. Other times though nothing is going right. It is during those difficult times that you need an extra helping hand like the trials in life quotes below.
As you go through difficult times, it is important to learn how to reach inside of yourself. If you become pessimistic, it can lead to depression and a lack of motivation. This sets the stage for a vicious cycle of negativity that it can be hard to climb out of. You need to find your inner strength. Bring out your ‘inner beast’ to help you get up in the morning, to find your motivation and get through whatever trials you are facing.
23 Trial In Life Quotes to Lean On In Tough Times
Christian Trials in Life Quotes
There are so many people in the world who struggle daily to find hope and meaning in their lives. It can be difficult to push through when problems are blocking your way, making it seem impossible to win. Everyone experiences challenges in their life, but faith can help one get through these trials. One of the best ways to overcome obstacles is to read inspiring and uplifting life quotes from notable people.
1. “We mustn’t allow our circumstances and disappointments to become the excuse for the choices we make in life. God is greater than all of that, and He can bring beauty out of ashes. Our trials come, Augustine said, “to prove us and to improve us.” – Alistair Begg
2. “We all face storms in life. Some are more difficult than others, but we all go through trials and tribulation. That’s why we have the gift of faith.” – Joyce Meyer
3. “In our trials and failures, God desires to draw us closer to him through his Word, prayer, and the saints.” – Gregory Brown
4. “Trials are medicines which our gracious and wise Physician prescribes because we need them; and he proportions the frequency and weight of them to what the case requires. Let us trust His skill and thank Him for His prescription.” – John Newton
5. “It is only by going through difficulties that we become strong. By opening up to love when we are facing such trials we can understand that we are not alone but have the unconditional support that we need from angels.” – Anonymous
6. “By trials God is shaping us for higher things.” – Jeremy Taylor
7. “We all face storms in life. Some are more difficult than others, but we all go through trials and tribulation. That’s why we have the gift of faith.” – Joyce Meyer
8. “Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.” – Bible
9. “Trials should not surprise us, or cause us to doubt God’s faithfulness. Rather, we should actually be glad for them. God sends trials to strengthen our trust in him so that our faith will not fail. Our trials keep us trusting; they burn away our self-confidence and drive us to our Savior.” – Edmund Clowney
Improving Yourself Through Trials In Life Quotes
What are the possible obstacles standing in the way of your goals? What can you do to remove them or turn them into opportunities? Self-improvement is a lifelong commitment. You can change your life by taking simple steps, making a commitment to take action, and believing that you’re willing to do to what it takes to win over your personal conflicts and trials.
Here are life quotes that will give you the strength to face and win your struggles:
10. “Trials teach us what we are; they dig up the soil, and let us see what we are made of.” – Charles Spurgeon
11. “Only through trials and tests of life is your true character developed, perfected and revealed just as a gemstone cannot be polished without friction.” – Anonymous.
12. “Trials have no value or intrinsic meaning in themselves. It’s the way we respond to those trials that makes all the difference.” – Charles Spurgeon
13. “Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experiences of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired and success achieved.” – Helen Keller
14. “It is only by going through difficulties that we become strong. By opening up to love when we are facing such trials we can understand that we are not alone but have the unconditional support that we need from angels.” – Margaret Neylon
15. “We cannot always control everything that happens to us in this life, but we can control how we respond. Many struggles come as problems and pressures that sometimes cause pain. Others come as temptations, trials, and tribulations.” – L. Lionel Kendrick
16. “Adversity is indeed the greatest teacher and counselor you will ever have in your life.” – Anonymous
17. “Adversity is simply part of earth life. From it we can grow and progress if we choose to. Yes, some trials come because of our own disobedience, but many trials are simply part of life.” – John Bytheway
Learning From Trials in Life Quotes
What are the struggles that burden you? These may be challenges in the workplace, at home, and in your relationships, among others. It’s important to keep in mind that trials aren’t permanent and there are steps you can take to triumph over them.
The beauty about facing trials and challenges is that it can make you a more sensitive and empathic person. You become insightful about your strengths and weaknesses. Furthermore, life’s trials bring along lessons that you can use to become a better person.
These life quotes will help you find meaning in every challenge or struggle that you face:
18. “Trials come. Tribulation comes. Fires of refinement come. The purpose of refinement is to bring to light the things hidden in darkness and then remove them.” – Robin M. Bertram
19. “Our trials are similar. Don’t delay what should be addressed at the beginning of the process in hopes that you can avoid it or somehow minimize your suffering. As excruciating as it feels at the time, doing the right thing and being obedient to God allows you to move through the process faster and more aware of what is to come.” – Brian Houston
20. “The most beautiful people I’ve known are those who have known trials, have known struggles, have known loss, and have found their way out of the depths.” – Elizabeth Kübler-Ross
21. “There’s so many things that life is, and no matter how many breakthroughs, trials will exist and we’re going to get through it. Just be strong.” – Mary J. Blige
22. “Nobody is exempt from trials of life but everyone can always find something positive in everything even in the worst of times.” – Roy T. Bennet.
23. “Having to try and going through the trials and tribulations to actually overcome, to get there to win, to triumph, that’s what makes life interesting.” – Tavis Smiley
I get it. Life can be tough. With the right mindset though you can be even tougher. Browse a few of these trial of life quotes throughout the day to lift your spirits and put your challenges in perspective.
Like Winston Chamberlain once famously said; “If you’re going through hell, keep going.”